Christmas cookie Recipe exchange....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fibrobutterfly, Nov 27, 2006.

1. How about we do a christmas cookie recipe exchange. Post your favorite cookie/candy recipe here. Anyone wanna join in? I will post mine later after I wake up. lol. Just thought of this and before the fog sets in I came to post the idea.
  2. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

I will, I promise. But I will have to find my recipe box. Actually this gives me a good reason. I make 30 dozen cookies a couple weeks ago, but made cards a put them away and my husband moved the box somewhere and now I can't find it.

Husbands should not be allowed to move anything if you know right where something is. Did you ever notice they will look for something for hours rather than ask you where it is? And don't we always know! Actually kind of cute, but not until I find that recipe box!

I will post in the next day or so. The kids have eye appointments tomorrow and I have an appt. in the afternoon.

Thank you for the great idea,
    I love it!
    Blessed Be & Kitten Hugs,
  3. JolieLuLu

JolieLuLu New Member

id like to make a post about holiday family falling asleep now

4. LorieG

LorieG New Member

Love new recipies! I will look for the post tomorrow as well.

5. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

These are really good and easy to make. Makes a LOT.

Ten Cup Cookies

1 cup butter
    1 cup peanut, butter
    1 cup sugar
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 cup flour
    1 cup oatmeal
    1 cup coconut
    2 eggs
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 cup chocolate chips
    1 cup raisins
    1 cup chopped pecans

Mix together sugars, butter, peanut butter, and eggs until fluffy.
    Add flour, oatmeal, soda and baking powder, and coconut. Mix well
    And add chocolate chips, raisins, and nuts. Preheat oven to 350.

Drop cookie dough onto cookie sheets and bake for 13 minutes.

These are yummy!

makes 4 dozen oven temp. 350

1 cup sugar
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 c butter
    1 tablespoon vanilla
    2 eggs
    2 1/2 tsp baking soda
    2 tsp cinnamon
    3 c flour

Cream butter and sugars, add vanilla and eggs, mix until real creamy. Sift together flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix well. Add to mixture.

Ros dough into 1" balls, space 2 inches apart on cookie sheet ( do NOT flatten, it willhappen in the oven)

Bake for 10-14 min. Cool for about 3-5 min.

Store in an airtight container.
  6. LorieG

LorieG New Member

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
    2/3 cup sugar
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
    1/4 cups hershey's cocoa
    1 cup finely chopped pecans
    1 bag (9 oz.) Hershey's kisses
    powdered sugar

in a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy. Stir together flour and cocoa; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Add pecans; beat until well blended. Refrigerate dough about 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Remove wrappers from chocolate kisses. Mold scant tablespoon of dough around each chocolate kiss, covering completely. shape into balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 mintues or until set. Cool slightly, about 1 minute, remove cookie from sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. roll in powdered can also roll again in powdered sugar before serving if desired! Should make about 4 1/2 dozen cookies!

these are wonderful cookies!!!!!

7. LorieG

LorieG New Member

I also do lots of chocolates and have the best tasting peanut butter fudge recipe! Used it for years! If anyone needs....

also do

cherry chocolates
    peanut butter balls

If anyone would like either of these, just let me know!!!!

8. Wow I forgot I posted this thread and what a nice surprise to find all the recipes here. Here's mine, they are soooo good, (trust me) lol! and really are easy.

My mother in law gave it to me, it was from a Hungarian friend of hers.

Hungarian Filled Pastries

2 sticks of butter
    1 large pkg. of cream cheese
    2 cups of flour
    1/2 tsp. of salt

Mix all ingredients in the order they are listed. Chill dough for 2-3 hrs. Roll out. Cut in small triangles. Place a little filling towards the wider side and fold over the pointed end.

I use Solo brand can filling, especially love apricot and pecan filling the best. You could use homemade if you have a filling recipe.

350 degrees 12 min. Watch !

Sprinkle with confectioners sugar after slightly cooled.

9. Yes please post your peanut butter fudge recipe if you would. SOUNDS GOOD! I love recipes that someone suggests and has tried, not ones to just look in a book or from online.
  10. IowaMorningGlory

My kids love these cookies the best out of all I make. They just seem to melt in your mouth!

1/2 cup softened butter
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 large egg
    3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
    1 1/3 cups flour
    1/2 tsp. baking soda

Take softened butter, brown sugar and large egg in mixing bowl. On med to high speed cream ingredients until fluffy. (This part is key to get cookies to melt in your mouth. It may take 5 minutes or more)
    Add peanut butter to mixture until well blended in.
    Mix in flour and baking soda until well mixed.
    Chill in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
    I like mine nice sized so take about 2tbsp. of batter and roll into a nice ball. Roll ball in sugar until coated. Place ball on cookie sheet and flatten with a fork both directions. Hint: If you roll the fork forward the fork doesn't stick to the cookie.

Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees. Bake 10-15minutes.

(I usually make a few kinds of cookies the night before and put in waxed lined loaf pans in refrigerator) That way the next night they are chilled and the kids can bake until their heart is content. Nothing like the motivation of eating warm cookies out of the oven.

Take care and Kitten Hugs,
    Blessed Be,
  11. LorieG

LorieG New Member

I did post the PB fudge recipe, it is under LORIEG recipe...confusedinPA requested it under a different post, but it is there! Let me know if you cannot find it and I will post it again!!!! It really IS yummy!!!!

12. LorieG

LorieG New Member

Love peanut butter cookies. they sound absolutely simple. I actually do PB cookies and take peanut butter cups and cut them in 1/2 (mini) or 1/4 (snack size) and push them into the top of the cookies. I also am going to try the new peanut butter cups with carmel!!!!! They are so incredibly good with the pb cups on them!!!!!

Thanks for the recipe

13. zerosb3

zerosb3 New Member

the cookie recipe that has all the candied fruit in it? It has the green and red cherries, pineapple, citron, maybe dates, I can't remember. Used to have it but I can't find it. Thanks.

14. IowaMorningGlory

My kids would love that. Putting peanutbutter cups in the cookies would be awesome.

I will try that with my next batch. Thank you for the hint, and enjoy the cookies. :)

Take care & kitten hugs,
    Blessed Be,
  16. findmind

findmind New Member

These sound delicious...

Are you sure, 30 minutes baking time?

Doesn't sound right...if not, edit it to enter correct timin, ok?

Thanks for the good sounding recipes!

17. opticaltech

opticaltech New Member

They taste like a almond joy bar without the almonds..I guess that would would be a mounds bar...I had a friend that used to make them and now I cant find the recipe...thanks all....Happy Holidays Lina
  18. sisland

sisland New Member

I found the recipe you wanted in my mom's church cookbook!

4c powdered sugar
    2c chopped walnuts
    1c sweetened condensed milk
    1/2 c melted butter (or margerine )
    5c coconut (bakers)
    Chocolate candy coating (melted)

Mix togeather: sugar, walnuts, milk,butter and coconut ,Roll into small balls and refridgerate for an hour, Melt choclate candy coating in the microwave, and dip the balls in the coating useing a Teaspoon or a pair of Tongs! place on a sheet of wax paper!
    Yum! enjoy!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sydney
  19. sisland

sisland New Member

Christmas cutout Sugar cookies

1c sugar
    1c shortening or margerine
    2 eggs
    1 Tbs Vanilla
    1tsp soda
    1tsp cream of Tarter
    1/2 tsp salt
    3c flour,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cream first 4 ingredients, mix in remaining ingredients mix very well! Refridgerate for 1 hour, Roll out on floured surface and use your favorite cookie cutters dipped in flour ! decorate however you want!

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 mins. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,s
  20. opticaltech

opticaltech New Member

THis is one that will be on my holiday table this year...Thanks again...Happy holidays.....Lina