Christmas gift lists, etc.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ayhatch, Nov 9, 2006.

1. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

Anyone out there having memory loss interfere so much that you can't remember what friends and family you have to buy Xmas presents for? I just can't seem to wrap my head around names. I look through my phone book, but this just frustrates and tires me more.
    I swear, this damn disease is ruining my life!
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

can be stressful. I love to give gifts and we have a lot in our family. I think we are going to have to start drawing names!!!

Kriket
  3. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Lists are amazing things :) I make a list for everything. I was a list person before getting CFS but now I am even more so because of the fog.

Every Christmas I make a list of who I need to buy for and what I am buying them. I would do that if I were you. Just start an on going list. Start off by writing down anyone you can think of off of the top of your head. Then keep adding as you remember people that yo need to buy for.

Don't overwhelm yourself by trying to remember them all at once or going through your phone book. Just a little at a time. You have plenty of time. If you add them little by little you will eventually get them all on there.

Also maybe get someone to help you make the list of who all you need to buy for.

Don't get frustrated!! Christmas is supposed to be a happy time :) Just take it a little at a time. Remind everyone that you may forget things or people sometimes. Anyone who knows you and this illness will understand.

Take Care and slow it down!
    Pam
  4. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

Hello all,

I love lists, my family thinks I am crazy..well maybe sometimes! Anyway, my computer is covered in post-it notes. Now, if I would just remember to read them!:)

Really lists are a life saver. You need to find a place where you seem to gravitate to, so you see your lists often and they are handy.

As others have said getting ready for Christmas needs to broken up so it doesn't seem so overwhelming. I make a list, granted a small list everyday. Even if it is paperwork say maybe paying bills..I might only get a couple out to do one day and others the next. Same with x-mas cards, I will probably only do about 5 a day, but it is better than overdoing or not getting any done.

You take care and remember, "Don't stress the small stuff, and it is all small stuff!"
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie