Christmas Miracle Please let it last Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by romanshopper, Dec 24, 2006.

1. romanshopper

romanshopper New Member

Last week was so bad. You know how bad it gets so I won't go on with that.

My doctor put me on celebrex, along with the neurontin, mirapex, and ultracet that I take.

OMG Within 2 hours I felt human again! NO PAIN. No stiffness, no nothing.

I've had 3 glorious human days! GOD PLEASE LET IT LAST!!!!!!

Anyway - one weird thing - after the pain went away, I realized how colorful my house was. I went outside and I saw color.

I realize now that my world had been very dark and grey - literally - my perception of color has changed since the pain went away!!!! The world looks BRIGHT instead of grey!

Is that typical?? Anyone else ever experience that?

I had no realized my world had dimmed so terribly.
  2. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

I'm so happy for you! I hope it lasts!!!! That's so interesting about the colors.

I've been depressed lately, and it finally lifted yesterday, and I also feel so thankful for relief!

bigmama2
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

continued success.

Merry Christmas,

Karen :)
  4. romanshopper

romanshopper New Member

Started out bad - but probably b/c alarm didn't go off and I didn't take meds until 4 hours late - felt AWFUL.

Took the combo there - and in 30-40 minutes it was lifing and I had a great day AGAIN!

The visual perception change is just flooring me. I don't understand it - but I wonder if it is common when you are in pain to not really see color so much.

Maybe it is that if you feel good, you can focus on more OUTSIDE instead of all going on INSIDE - I dunno, but it is so nice to feel normal again.

Please let it last!
  5. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I know exactly what you mean, I'm like that on really good days too.

I always tell people it's like the claritin commercials where it starts out greyed out a little and then everything is clear and bright!

Enjoy,

Shar
  6. Catseye

Catseye Member

Since I'm getting so much better, finally, I am noticing that colors are brighter and also that music seems to have more "depth". I've been listening to my favorite Pink Floyd songs, again. I didn't really want to hear much music for the past 4 years. It was just not having the same effect it used to.

Boy, what a relief! Finally getting back to normal!! I was never depressed, but the world was less bright than it is right now.

YAY!! What a great sign of things to come!

karen
  7. jole

jole Member

Pain dulls everything, even our senses, so it stands to reason that music, color, etc. would be dulled as well. I think a lot of us don't enjoy life - music, colors, etc. - when in so much pain. It's just not possible.

So happy to hear you are having a respite. That is the wonder of this dd. To be so thrilled by what everyone else takes for granted!!!! We are the only ones who know just how much the "normal" gift of "life" each and every day IS truly a miracle!!

Bless you - Enjoy every day you are given of pain freedom
    Jole