Christmas ShopingOn Line orIn the Stores?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Dec 13, 2006.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Just wondering How Many Prefer to shop On Line These Days? I for one Have found it so much less stressful to do it that way!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Was out for 3 Hours yesterday in the crowded stores and felt like i was going nuts by the time i got Home ! Plus the pain Level goes way up!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,So it's Back to Homemade gifts!
  2. kiki2three

kiki2three New Member

I started on line shopping about four years ago and it's so much easier and also no crowds. I can shop around and order and usually get great prices.

Happy Holidays,
    Love, hugs, and prayers

3. llama

llama New Member

I like the idea of online shopping, because I cannot spend more than 1 to 2 hours in a crowded, chaotic store without starting to become almost disoriented.

The problem I have with online shopping is that I just have a very hard time truly visualizing the item, so I waffle back and forth if I should get it or not. I tend to be rather picky, so a few times I've been unpleasantly surprised by the true color, size etc.

Does anybody else have this problem or am I the only one who's indecisive? Actually, the closer it gets to the holidays, I get desperate and make purchases, and hope for the best!!.............Jill...........
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

That way I know I have it in hand and don't have to worry if it's gonna get here by x-mas or not.

5. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

I try to do most of my Christmas Shopping before Thanksgiving. I do some on-line and some at the stores. I always ask those I buy for to provide me with a list...and it usually works out well. Many stores have extended return periods, and even the HSN and QVC now have extended return dates through the end of January.

My biggest problem is where to hid the stuff. I have a 7 year old, and it is sometimes hard. One year I ordered a bunch of stuff very early (September) and hid it in the garage and completely forgot about it. I was cleaning something out there and came across a big bag of goodies. I just used them for her birthday (which is in July).

Good luck.

6. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi All
    Thanks for your opinions! Yes i've been unpleasently surprized a couple times with on line items (size, shape, quality ect!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,So Now I just buy New stuff that hasn't been opened!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I Order alot of soap making supplies and those already cut quilt Blocks ( Fabulous Idea) who ever thought of that one! It's great to find stuff you hide and forget about!!,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs to all!
  7. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

i can't shop downtown in the winter...i am in a flare every winter...

i can't make up my mind i forget what i actually ordered or just thought about ordering...then SURPRISE! it shows up at my door!!! lol!!!

i hate paying for the shipping and handling...i understand why but it just is painful!
  8. mary124

mary124 New Member

I still perfer in store shopping. Now that the kids are grown (18 and 22) I really don't have a lot to buy) usually some clothes and maybe gift cards) and of course, give them MONEY!! My husband, give everyone gift cards, lottery tickets and DVD's
  9. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for your replies! seems to be a toss/up! There are pro's and cons to both i Guess! I try to justify Paying shipping and Handleing as not useing any gas in my car,,,ect,,,,,,,Painlevel stays down! Lol You all Know what i mean,,,,,,,,But I still Like to go check out a store here and there!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Gift certificats, lotto, tickets and Dvd's all sound like great ideas to me too!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs,,,,,,S
  10. joyfully

joyfully New Member

DEFINITELY on-line shopping. I use an electric mobility scooter. I am fine in the shopping centers when it isn't the Christmas season. I can navigate through the stores. However, it is a nightmare during the Holidays. People leave their baby strollers, shopping carts, etc. in the aisles so I can't get through.

On line shopping is sooooooooo much easier. Otherwise, I buy the gifts, then I get to stand in line at the post office to mail them out! When I purchase online, I have them sent directly to the person.
  11. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for the warning on the Gift cards! I Heard something about that on the News also! It's rather scary to think about Idenity theft!,,,,,,,,,,S