Christmas shopping, stress ACKKKK!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bambi, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Bambi

Bambi New Member

I don't know about anyone else but the
    Christmas's I used to so look forward are
    now just one hard road. The crowded store, so much less than quality items
    to be had, store clerks that will only
    "point" over "that-a-way" and leaves you to hunt for something they probably don't have in the first place, etc..and the expense has become monumental. I feel like I've been through a shredder and with a storm in the area adding to everything else, just want to have a good
    cry. My daughter has the DD too but insists on having her family and his family at their home, so she's stressed on cleaning and cooking (we're cooking too) and she and I end up looking glassy eyed all evening, dreaming of crawling into bed the minute it is OVER. I hope it's ok to be on a pitypot here, because
    I'm on one for myself and my daughter. I'd like to be Mary Sunshine, but feel like biting the head off of something in frustration. I hope you are all having a better time of it and that you all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS, CALM, as pain FREE as possible and in PEACE with your families! Maybe once it's here I'll suddenly get the spirit. Sure hope so. Love to all and thank you all for coming here to write and give us all some hope. Love, Bambi
    [This Message was Edited on 12/22/2002]
  2. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

I don't even have enough energy to write more. But I understand what your feeling. What happened to the "Magic" Christmas use to bring? Everything is now so commercial and expensive.I feel responsible in a way... for so many years I wanted everything to be "perfect" for my kids. I helped create part of that "commercialized" Magic they expect.

Now all I feel is like I'm letting them down because I can't buy what I used to, don't have the energy to make things "fun" and "merry" I let them pick what they wanted, so really no surprises...makes me want to cry....

Can I come sit on the "pitty-Pot" too?? (Our tree is up and not even decorated!) My husband said "let's start a new tradition of a "green-Tree" Christmas...no decorations! **LOL** He keeps me laughing...

OK I'm done whining...I didn't mean to steal away your post!
    Just agreeing with you.

Merry "Easy-Does-it" Christmas!

Susan B.

3. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I'm single no help..... no tree. I put lights in my five foot tall pink flamingo in my den.... and a bow... I stick a wreath on the doorwith a bow.... I shop on line!!!!! and I wrap over the period of the month... that way,,, I can go to a few parties!!!I get little socialization so that part is important to me. ..I would order dinner if I wasn't invited somewhere.... to h*ll with cleaning LOL LOL>>>>> merry christmas ya';ll I love ya!!!!!
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

on Christmas. I don't have any kids, which of course makes it much simpler. I find that the less I do, the more I enjoy Christmas. Although this year I can't get into the spirit since I just lost my mother and this was her favorite time of the year. I know that the first year without a loved one is the hardest since I lost my dad almost five years ago. It's such a strange and sad feeling to not have parents any more.

Ellen
  5. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

You are very giving people and it is hard to keep up with it when you have this DD. This is my first Christmas with CFIDS and I have felt so useless. My dear husband has put up the Christmas lights, etc. and done the shopping. Haha. He bought gift certificates for the family. Fortunately our family is understanding. I didn't get the Christmas cards sent out this year but I thought to myself as I feel up to it I will send personal notes as I can. Some of the family will come to visit during the holidays and if I can make it we will go to the folks. I think the best part of the holidays is seeing our family as we live out of town from all of them. But I won't have the usual array of baked goods and candies. All of the above brings guilt that I keep dealing with by telling myself it won't matter 10 years from now so why sweat it. I chuckled when you said that about being "Mary Sunshine", etc. I related because at times I am either too miserable or too angry to spread the sunshine. Anyway, I appreciate your sharing the frusteration you feel for the holidays etc. I'm sure a lot of us can relate and it helps to know you're not alone. I wish you and your loved ones a very peaceful Christmas as well.

[ advertisement ]