Chromate for decreased appetite helps me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MaryCecelia, Feb 26, 2006.

1. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

Chromate for decreased appetite has sure helped me. I must give THANKS to Jeanne-in-Canada for suggesting it. I've been on it since the middle of January and have lost 8 lbs. and several inches, and best of all, just the few pounds I've lost has also decreased my shortness of breath.

Don't get me wrong. I could still eat all of the fried foods and sweets that I love, but for once, I am able to control these cravings and replace them with healthy foods. First, I tooks 100 mgs. twice a day, but after a week, I raised it to 3 a day and hope it continues to work.
    Be sure to get ChromeMate and not the Chromium picolinate. I tried it many times, to no avail.

Again, I am so grateful to Jeanne-in-Canada for her recommendation. This board and the people on it are a God-send.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/26/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/26/2006]
  2. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

where did you get the chromemate and how much did it cost....
    shirley
  3. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

I purchased mine at a local health food store, and it was less than $10.00 for 90 capsules--a month supply for me. It is also supposed to help with blood sugar issues. I got the NOW brand, and here's info from their website.

NOW® ChromeMate® contains a unique patented niacin-bound chromium complex. Chromium is a trace mineral involved in a number of important bodily functions and is vital for the synthesis of numerous compounds. Independent studies show that ChromeMate® provides greater biological activity than other chromium supplements tested.

Nutrition Info
    Serving Size: 1 Capsule
    Servings Per Container: 90

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
    Niacin (as Niacinamide) 1.1 mg 6%
    Chromium (as Chromium Polynicotinate) 200 mcg 167%
    * Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet.
    † Daily Value not established.
    Details
    Serving size: 1 Capsule

Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take one capsule daily, preferably with meals.

Free of: sugar, salt, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, milk, egg or preservatives.

Other Ingredients: Rice Flour and Gelatin (capsule)

Warnings: Diabetics:use only under a Physician's supervision.

4. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

thank you..i will go tomorrow and see if our health food store has them...i hope so.
    thanks shirley
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

it's always nice to see people share w/ others when they get success from a recommendation.

I recommend chromium often. It's up there w/ B5 as almost a must have for those w/ our condition. So many of us are hypoglycemic, have candida syndrome and rabid sugar/carb cravings, and many have weight issues and it helps w/ all of that. It may even head a developing condition of diabetes off at the pass.

I can use chromium piccolinate myself, I just notice that I need to use more of it than if I buy the ChromeMate. the piccolinate form is cheaper, but it almost evens out because of the dose difference needed for results.

Jeanne
  6. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

Thanks for responding, and thanks again for your wonderful suggestion! I don't believe I've tried B-5 yet. Is it in pill/capsule form and sold as just B-5? By the way, I started Pro Boost last Wed. and could already see some increase in energy by Sat. I just hope it continues. Frequently, something helps me for a month or so, and then, it's as though I become immune to it. Have you tried Pro Boost?