chronic bursitis question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bre_ann, Aug 19, 2006.

1. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

Why would a person have chronic bursitis? I have had it in my thighs for years. Sometimes I have to go get shots as it begins to affect my groin area and hurt when I walk. I just got a shot a few weeks ago and this time it hasn't really helped at all. What can be done about it?
    Thanks.
  2. bluestanglady

bluestanglady New Member

I have chronic bursitis in my hips, too, and have to get shots. As a matter of fact, I got one just a few weeks ago. My doctor 'finds' the trigger point (he can find it by pressing on my hip until he hits it and then he marks it). Probably the reason your last injection didn't help you is because your doctor missed the trigger point. I've had doctors who just inject the needle and obviously they think the needle is gong to 'find' where it's hurting!! Gotta hit the right spot!!

Hope you feel better soon.

((HUGS))

B~~
  3. lisabk

lisabk New Member

It was never diagnosed as such - the PT thought exercises would help, but they haven't. I wonder if the chronic, naggy shoulder pain is bursitis. It's not swollen...

Hope you guys get some relief!
  4. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

because when he pressed on it I just about hit the ceiling, it hurt so bad. I thought he had injected it without numbing it first. Maybe it's just really inflamed right now but I just don't know why it NEVER goes away. I exercise regularly and do a lot of walking in my job so it's not inactivity causing it. I got back to see him in a few weeks so will tell him I'm still having pain but am curious why it seems to be a chronic condition.
  5. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I have used magnets since the 80's for those "hot spots" throughout my body.

I use the little spot magnets if I find them. But for my lower back, knees, ankles, wrists, I use my magnetic wraps.

Magic for me.

LIGHT************carole