Chronic Constipation?*Take This It WORKS!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bet2, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Bet2

Bet2 New Member

I haven't been on the board in awhile but I wanted to share something with any of you who have chronic constipation. Which I have been battling most of my adult life.

I was taking alot of magnesium for several years, but I started thinking this can't be good for me to do this for the rest of my life. I went to Whole Foods and bought ground flax seed. I put a tablespoon in the morning in some applesauce (you can put it in whatever you want; applesauce was just easy for me) and make sure you drink water throughout the day.

At night I put a tablespoon in a smoothie or something else that I am eating. I am telling you that I have not had constipation problems since. If you have this type of problem this is a healthy easy fix.

Try it and see if it works for you. Good luck and God Bless!!

2. ironspine

ironspine New Member

Thanks for the tip. Since I take meds all the time for Fibro and the meds are constipating, I'll try anything.
    Seems like when you can't go everything in your body feels worse!!!
    Thanks again,
  3. smhaws

smhaws New Member

Flax seeds are actually one of the best plant-based sources of Omega 3 fatty acids. They're good for fiber, protein, fatty acids, etc. I believe they've also been shown to lower cholesterol.
  4. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Hey Jam,
    i didnt know omegas caused inflammation???!! i thought it kinda prevented that. i am taking the calsons lemon cod liver oil every day, but i sure dont want more can i get my omegas without the inflammation???
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

My fiance is having major probs with constipation and I am glad to know about this. I am going to get some of this and get him to try it.

6. clerty1

clerty1 New Member

is good if you drink It I take it along with baths and it works!!
  7. stschn

stschn New Member

Hemp seed works as well for me and I like the taste of it.