Chronic Dehydration Interesting Article

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nice2meetu, Sep 23, 2005.

1. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

Stormsyskye answered an earlier post of mine and in it mentioned "chronic dehydration". I wasn't sure what that was. So I read up on it here is part of what I read:

Those of you who are familiar with the work of the late Dr B. may own his book called "The Water Cure," or "Water for health, for Healing, for Life: You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty." He's also the author of "Your Body's Many Cries for Water." Essentially, Dr. B is the foremost authority on the relationship between the consumption of water and states of health or disease in the human body.
    As he explains in great detail in his many books, most common diseases (for which there are a variety of names such as asthma, arthritis, hypertension and so on) are really just names given to patterns of symptoms created by the body's drought management system. When the human body begins to get dehydrated, it initiates a drought management system that seeks to conserve water. The symptoms characterized by this drought management effort are given disease names by conventional medicine and then treated with toxic prescription drugs.

Here's a straightforward example of what I'm talking about: the brain must be kept hydrated at all times. So the body, when it is lacking water, will do everything possible to keep supplying adequate water to the brain. This involves limiting the loss of water in other areas of the body. As Dr. B points out, simply breathing causes the loss of a significant quantity of water each and every day, depending on the climate in which you live and your level of physical exercise.

If you are experiencing chronic dehydration from not drinking enough water, or from drinking water-depleting drinks such as coffee, beer or beverages containing sugar, your body tries to prevent respiratory water loss by producing histamines which close off the capillaries in your lungs. Through the constriction of these capillaries, water loss is reduced, but of course breathing is made far more difficult. It's important to understand that the body is doing this on purpose. The body is producing histamines as a strategy, not as a disease or something gone awry. The body wants to constrict the capillaries in your lungs because it is trying to save your brain.

What is conventional medicine's answer to this production of histamines by the body? Well, of course, it is the prescription of antihistamines, or drugs that are designed to counteract the histamines produced on purpose by the body in order to conserve water. These antihistamines then open up the capillaries in the lungs, making breathing seem easier. As you can see here, then, the conventional medicine approach treats nothing but the symptoms, and in doing so it counteracts the body's own intentions and strategies in trying to conserve water. What patients with asthma really need is lots of water on a regular basis, not histamine prescription drugs.

As Dr. B explains in his books, the same sort of destructive cycle of medical treatment is taking place with other diseases as well -- most notably hypertension and arthritis. Many of the prescription drugs profitably marketed to doctors and patients today are, in effect, various forms of histamines which counteract the body's efforts to conserve water.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Bumping
  3. steach

steach Member

You are exactly right. Even when we are not thirsty, we should be drinking water. Not the flavored waters which contain sugar or artificial sweeteners. Mineral water is the best.

There is a website which sells tablets which can be put into regular filtered tap water- it comes from a spring in Europe. It contains numerous trace minerals that our bodies need. I have purchased an "oxygen" supplement which comes in a liquid and add it to filtered tap water; it also contains many trace minerals.

Alot of bottled water comes from ordinary city water supplies. The best is to find a filter to put on your faucet- it takes out alot of the chemicals which are harmful to our bodies- it also removes the trace minerals that our bodies need. Some water systems contain sodium flouride- it is a dangerous chemical if it builds-up in the body.

My chiropractor has told me about this theory many years ago. Drinking water throughout the day helps to flush-out the build-up of lactic acid (which causes pain for us), hydrates cells so that they can repair and reproduce, and also helps maintain a proper pH (potential hydrogen) level in the body. If the pH is too acidic, it can cause cells to die in a toxic environment -and- some forms of cancer thrive in acidic levels. If the pH is too alkiline, it can also be harmful to cells.

You can find out your pH level by purchasing over-the-counter test strips at a local pharmacy. You can test urine or saliva. If it is too high one way or the other, you can purchase (online) supplements which regulate the pH level. (Type in keywords like: pH levels, correcting pH levels, etc.) If you are taking medications, thay can interfere with your pH level which is CRUCIAL for optimal health.

A very inexpensive alternative if your pH is too high is to purchase Club Soda- it contains sodium bicarbonate- baking soda!!!

I believe that a normal pH level should be around 7.0.

Water is a natural way to "flush" the kidneys and liver, along with other organs in the body.

Thanks for sharing, Nice.

Steach
  4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

In my area, many grocery stores have large water purification units that purify the local water. You can buy it by the jug. They have empty jugs you can buy or you can bring your own.
  5. Bambi

Bambi New Member

drinking too MUCH water. It can literally drown the brain or some such thing. I read alot about it recently when a girl who died of over
    consumption of water was in the local papers. Sounds crazy but it's true.
  6. Thistledown

Thistledown New Member

Slightly alkaline. The body has a rather sophisticated system for pH balancing, but it can be thrown off.