Chronic Fatigue diagnosis and white blood cell count

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cristine04, Apr 30, 2003.

1. cristine04

cristine04 New Member

I'm just wondering for those that have been diagnosed with CFIDS:

what was your white count? i have changed doctors but the new one still won't give me the diagnosis. my symptoms have been fatigue, muscle weakness, joint pain and on a real bad day a low grade fever. had to give up everything i do for the last 3 months. symptoms began as many of you know from the nov. 13 flu shot. my white count has always been SLIGHTLY Elevated since the shot, never gone down. (usually 11,000 is the count). Overactive immune system, must be b/c I know how horrid I feel.

Ok that's it gang...hope you are having days as nice as they can be!
  2. cristine04

cristine04 New Member

I'd love any input about White counts and CFIDS.
  3. Takesha

Takesha New Member

Christine, I am so glad you asked! My white blood has been slightly high for years. I first noticed it in 1997 when they had me prepped for a cardiac cath and almost called it off. Nothing wrong with my heart but was experiencing rapid heart beats (which I read was a symtom of FMS) I've watched it since then and it's always a little high. I have FMS, but thought for sure it was CFS, as I have all the same symptoms to describe. Only now the pain is the most pronounced symptom. My husband has CFS and he has a high white blood count always also plus the fatigue, pain and low grade fever. We all have so much in common.

Takesha
  4. layinglow

layinglow New Member

My white count has been normal on every blood test.....except if I have one of my routine Kidney infections roaring.
    LL
  5. AC77

AC77 New Member

My WBC is: 8.87 RBC: 5.31
    Hemoglobin: 16.5 Hematocrit 45 Platlet count 221