Chronic Fatigue/Endometriosis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ortholady, Apr 1, 2006.

1. ortholady

ortholady New Member

Has anyone been told there is a link between chronic fatigue and endometriosis? Thanks for your answers.
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm not sure about the link between those 2.
    But I Do know there is a link between Fibro and Endo.
    So,..it would'nt surprize me any if it were true with CF also. Since the 2 diseases are much alike.(CF & FM)
    I have both and its pretty horrible at best.
    Confusing too since I have a hard time telling whats causing what symptom at times.
    Hope this helps some~
  3. daylight

daylight New Member

I had to have a total hyst.a t age 35. I believe there is a connection. There is a web site called hystersisters I'll ask around there. They may know something about it.
    D.
  4. ortholady

ortholady New Member

Our daughter goes to hystersisters and gets info from there. She is the one with endo, pain, and exhaustion. Still fighting to find the answer. Honestly,I haven't seen a doctor in this area that looks past his/her nose to help her. Does any doctor look at the whole person anymore?
  5. daylight

daylight New Member

But I think that he is getting frustrated with me. It took several years of doctors to finally find ones that believed what I was telling them. They just didn't seem to understand that if the syntoms are the same evertime you see them....maybe ya just might be telling them the true?

The doctor that I have now likes to run test. Test for the most part don't lie . My doctor checks for almost everything. I didn't care so much for the mammogram though.

Have you tried your local American Medical chapter in your area for references? With endo. and fibro. a lot of insurance companies feel that women can't live with the pain so the doctors don't want to fight. Before I had my hyst. my insurance company dropped me. I had to go through Medi-Cal and that toke another seven months to have the surgery done. Even then they wanted me to repete the hormone treatments and tests. I ended up telling the doctor that after 24 years of pain and almost none stop bleeding that I would not live through an more test.

I don't advicate hyst's . It was the only thing that helped me at the time but I do have fibro,hypothyroidism,rynoids disease,and osto-arthritis now.

I hope that your daughter finds a wonderful doctor who truly cares for patients.

D.