Chronic fatigue is a real illness, gov't says

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AllWXRider, Nov 6, 2006.

1. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Hey!

Chronic fatigue is a real illness, gov't says
    The long-controversial diagnosis finally gets recognized
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15535705/

"People genuinely are suffering and there are things we can do to genuinely help them," says Dr. Julie Gerberding, who heads the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). "And we need to take this seriously as a real illness for a lot of people."

The new CDC effort includes Internet tools and public service announcements to teach doctors to better cope with chronic fatigue.
  2. caffey

caffey New Member

I was watching one of the news channels this weekend and on the thing that scrolls across the bottom it said that one of your disease centres said there are over 1 million people in the US with CFS. So the word is getting out there.
    Cath
  3. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Don't suppose the CDC has recognized that Fibromyalgia is a real illness too. :) I think it's great though that the CDC is finally coming up to speed on some of these illness that affect so many of us. I would think that anyone having Chronic Fatigue would now find it easier to find doctors or maybe not cause it is still just now being recognized. Okay hope this all makes sense cause I have a feeling it's a fibro fog day for me. lol. Three cheers though for the CDC........SueF
  4. Sheila01

Sheila01 New Member

Did the government call it chronic fatigue? Or chronic fatigue syndrome?
  5. mezombie

mezombie Member

The information that went out the press definitely called it Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

So far, I think only NBC Nightly News messed up and referred to it as Chronic Fatigue.
  6. Sheila01

Sheila01 New Member

another good reason for a name change :)