Chronic Fatigue ,Laziness or Depression

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RedRoses, Sep 12, 2002.

1. RedRoses

RedRoses New Member

I keep telling myself... "Oh stop being lazy and get up and do the dishes, laundry, wash the car..etc" but really I don't think that's what it is. I am wore out all the time. All I want to do is sleep. Last Sunday I slept until 6pm before I got up for the day. I could have slept the rest of the night but I HAD to do laundry for work on Monday. I am a huge procrastinator.... and I don't know why. I want everything in my house to be spotless, but I feel like I've been trying to get it the way I want it for months. Everytime I turn around something is dirty..and I think the solution is sleeping...however this solves nothing..when I wake up it's all still waiting on me and in fact I'm mad at myself for letting my duties pile up..
    I have crying spells too.. (for no good reason) especially lately. I cried myself to sleep last night..and cried at work today.. (My job stresses me too).. So I don't know what's wrong with me... Do you think it could be depression or what? I just don't know but I am not happy with myself and I know everyone has there own problems so I will end this for now.

2. RedRoses

RedRoses New Member

I keep telling myself... "Oh stop being lazy and get up and do the dishes, laundry, wash the car..etc" but really I don't think that's what it is. I am wore out all the time. All I want to do is sleep. Last Sunday I slept until 6pm before I got up for the day. I could have slept the rest of the night but I HAD to do laundry for work on Monday. I am a huge procrastinator.... and I don't know why. I want everything in my house to be spotless, but I feel like I've been trying to get it the way I want it for months. Everytime I turn around something is dirty..and I think the solution is sleeping...however this solves nothing..when I wake up it's all still waiting on me and in fact I'm mad at myself for letting my duties pile up..
    I have crying spells too.. (for no good reason) especially lately. I cried myself to sleep last night..and cried at work today.. (My job stresses me too).. So I don't know what's wrong with me... Do you think it could be depression or what? I just don't know but I am not happy with myself and I know everyone has there own problems so I will end this for now.

3. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I have the same thing going on, I never used to procrastinate, I feel guilty all the time for what I cannot do any longer, I am feeling a little better lately due to diet change & supplements...........I would love to put this all behind me.

Must pe part of the fibro/cf package.

Jaci
  4. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

Just remember "The Norm Of Fibromyalgia Patients Are 'A' Typical Personality. Means we Strive for Perfection in All We Do! Yet, We Know We Are Unable to Accomplish This because of FMS/CFIDS/Me!

Why do We continue to punish ourselves? Gee - I wish I had a specific answer.

Try not to 'beat up on yourself'!

Gentleness
  5. RedRoses

RedRoses New Member

You know, I do feel guilty for not getting things done when they need to be done.. I have not seen a doctor for any thing yet. I am thinking of maybe a psychiatrist but I think that's embarassing and I don't know what my husband would think of that.. My mom is bipolar and A manic depressant.. so I think my problem is depression..and that I am in the wrong forum.. But the reason I posted here is because I thought maybe my problems could be from severe fatigue. However with depression I know people tend to sleep a lot too... so I just don't know.
  6. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Hi. I know how you feel. Sometimes when I'm in a flare, I WANT to do things, but all I seem able to do is sit on the couch and watch TV. I want my house to get clean by itself, magically. That said, you also must not assume that every symptom is because of FMS. You could have a low thyroid, hormone changes, or anything else. You should see your family doctor for a complete check-up. I was having similar problems this summer - I couldn't sleep, I had no energy, I was absolutely miserable! I went to my family doctor - he did a lot of tests and found nothing wrong physically. He told me I was depressed and adjusted my medication and I felt much better since. I have a history of depression (pre-fibromyalgia) so I know he wasn't just blowing me off because he couldn't find anything wrong physically. And I could tell too. So please get yourself checked out. Good luck :)

Annette2
  7. RedRoses

RedRoses New Member

Thanks for your replies.. I wish you all well..

Annette,
    I think that's what I am going to do is see a doctor.. thanks for your kindness.
  8. jeanann

jeanann New Member

What i find myself doing is when i feel good i do everything i couldn't do when i felt bad. I am an A personality and I ussually have 4-5 projects going on at the same time. My husband can always tell when i feel good cause he comes home and i have a project in the garage, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom going. I also have all these projects i want to do like, paint the kitchen, complete the quilt for my step daughter, make a dog coat for the dog work and live life onday at a time before i have my carpal tunned surgery on october 15. So thats my story and i'm sticking to it. I have been on guaifenesin for a month and a half and i am feeling sooo much better, not all; the time i still have down time,but i have painted the dining room and work and chores in general don't seem as over whelming. I also get a fair amount of exersise. With the guai they suggest you get alot of aerobic exersise and drink tons of water for it the clear your muscles. Maybe thats why i feel better, don't know if its working why fix it. Welcome to the board Red Roses.
    (((((((((HUGS))))))))) jean ann
  9. jeanann

jeanann New Member

What i find myself doing is when i feel good i do everything i couldn't do when i felt bad. I am an A personality and I ussually have 4-5 projects going on at the same time. My husband can always tell when i feel good cause he comes home and i have a project in the garage, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom going. I also have all these projects i want to do like, paint the kitchen, complete the quilt for my step daughter, make a dog coat for the dog work and live life onday at a time before i have my carpal tunned surgery on october 15. So thats my story and i'm sticking to it. I have been on guaifenesin for a month and a half and i am feeling sooo much better, not all; the time i still have down time,but i have painted the dining room and work and chores in general don't seem as over whelming. I also get a fair amount of exersise. With the guai they suggest you get alot of aerobic exersise and drink tons of water for it the clear your muscles. Maybe thats why i feel better, don't know if its working why fix it. Welcome to the board Red Roses.
    (((((((((HUGS))))))))) jean ann
  10. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Red Roses, love the name one of my most favorite flowers.

I think Annette gave you the best advice, go have a good check up, then if you like read some of the board, and go to the top of this board and type in Fibromyalgia and Cronic Fatigue Syndrome. See if the symptoms match what you are feeling.

Take care, and let us know how you are doing.

Shalom, Shirl
  11. roro

roro New Member

crying for no reason could very well be depression. It could also be a hormone imbalance. You need to go to a doctor first and rule out any physical problems first before you just go to a psychiatrist. There are many diseases which start out as fatigue and depression.
    I have CFS, and my symptoms are more physical:
    severe fatigue
    joint pain
    swollen glands in the neck
    night sweats
    There are a lot more symptoms, not just fatigue. i actually dont even have depression. I am happy when I feel good. When I am feeling sick I get sad, but that is not depression.