Chronic Fatigue Special on NBC 103106

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sisland, Oct 30, 2006.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

I just caught the very end of the brief precast! Brian Williams will be Heading it Up On MSNBC! tommorow night sorry didn't catch the time !

But it's a special!! I'm going to watch it instead of Handing out candy! Hope some of you can catch it!!..................Sydney
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

If anyone hears the time please share!!
  3. Summit

Summit New Member

thanks for mentioning it, I will definaetly try to watch it.
  4. springlakeorphan

springlakeorphan New Member

Bump-I looked it up but could not find anything.
    Anyone else???
  5. johnston

johnston New Member

our tivo guide and could not find time. Only thing I saw was an 11pm special that gave no info. I will check my msn internet site..
  6. misskoji

misskoji Member

7. tinktink

tinktink New Member

Thanks for the heads up .... I will look for it.

Best Wishes Diana
  8. Manaleon

Manaleon New Member

I looked it up and Brian Williams is an anchor on the NBC Nightly News which comes on at 6:30. It's a half an hour show.

-June
  9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Six-thiry is what time zone, do you know?

How appropriate to have a show about CFS on Halloween.

Marta
  10. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

whatever that is....New Mexico, Texas and the like??? I'm never sure since we never change times.

I'll be sure to tune in, though!! Thanks for the heads up!! PG
  11. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I just read another thread on this that says they will talk about CFS each night this week with a special show on Friday night.

BTW it's on at 6:30 in Detroit. Right when trick or treaters come!
  12. Marta608

Marta608 Member

You're right. Bad timing.

Where's that Tivo when you need it??

Marta
  13. johnston

johnston New Member

is appreciated. I went on msn internet and could not find anything about the special or what Brian Wms would be discussing today even after doing a search on BW on that site????? Thankfully, my health insurance and my dear husband's job allows us to afford tivo. It saves so much time. To record and watch when I have the time AND SKIP THE COMMERCIALS---except I am finding that the commercials had their spot in my life--they were often my REST periods!?!?!?
  14. sisland

sisland New Member

I was Hoping that someone would catch the time! it's 5:30 Mountian standard time! So it moves up from there! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs,,,Sydney
  15. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

From CFIDS and it says that this show will air on Thursday!! It's related to the awareness campaing. I cut and pasted part of the newsletter below. So confusing. I'll have to watch the show all week just in case!

From the CFIDS newsletter:
    Look for these stories about CFS!

We have been actively pitching this story and there has been considerable early interest from the press. Although many reporters don’t let us know in advance, some have already confirmed their intention to do a story on CFS and the campaign. Look for these stories in the national press:

NBC Nightly News – Thursday, November 2, on the evening news
    U.S. News and World Report – Friday, November 3
    United Press International – Friday, November 3, a syndicated article will be written and will be picked up by print and broadcast media across the country
    Fox Television Network – will do a national feed that can be picked up by Fox affiliates in cities across the country and aired on local news programs
    Clear Channel Radio Network – national feed that can be picked up by affiliates in cities across the country
    Rolanda Show, Greenstone Media Network - Friday, November 3, 1:20 p.m. (Eastern time)
    [This Message was Edited on 10/31/2006]
  16. findmind

findmind New Member

I refer you to mezombie's post also!

I refer you to my reply in her post regarding our responses to these programs.

Thanks,
    findmind
  17. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Thanks for the update re: Thursday night. I'll re-spread the word.

Marta
  18. kholmes

kholmes New Member

It's great to see more coverage of CFS in the media.

Let's hope and pray that the coverage will be thoughtful and accurate!

Kholmes
  19. Manaleon

Manaleon New Member

Bump for others
  20. carebelle

carebelle New Member

there is a short article about cfs .I was not impressed with the writeing but it was something and every little bit helps our cause.
    Thank you for letting us know about it