"Chronic fatigue syndrome is in your gut, not your head"

Discussion in 'News and Research' started by Nanie46, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

2. Alfachemistry

Alfachemistry Member

Thanks for the details! It's very useful for me.
    Nanie46 likes this.
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

You're welcome, Alfachemistry. I'm glad you found this information helpful.
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

For the first time in a long time I'm feeling optimistic about CFS research. I hope that this will lead to treatments that will give us our lives back. I've said all along that I did not have CFS until I was put on antibiotics.
  5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi TigerLilea,

There is so much evidence now that restoring our gut health is key to recovering from any chronic illness.

Functional medicine practitioners use this principle, along with others to help people recover.

Functional medicine practitioners usually address our gut health (leaky gut), hidden infections, heavy metals, food sensitivities, toxins in food, products and environment, poor diet, nutrient deficiencies, etc.

This article is helpful for learning more about restoring gut health. There are many more articles online written by functional medicine practitioners about these topics.

There is a lot that we can do for ourselves regarding gut health, toxins, diet, nutrient deficiencies, etc.

http://www.jillcarnahan.com/2011/05/03/restoring-digestive-health/
  6. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Thanks, Nanie! They are also looking at the gut microbiome in MS and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
  7. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi TigerLilea,

You're right. Anyone with any chronic illness, whether it is MS, RA, CFS/ME, FM....anything... would be wise to learn more about gut health (leaky gut, gut dysbiosis, SIBO, etc) and how to restore good gut health.
  8. tamsyn2

tamsyn2 Member

CFS is a multi-system illness that effects all of our body's systems, so it's not surprising it effects the gut.