Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Panel III test

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by mrstyedawg, Mar 28, 2013.

1. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I was searching on Quest Diagnostics website and saw that they now do a test called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Panel III test that checks for various viruses that are thought to be related to CFS. Found this just today. Any type of testing has to be a GOOD THING!

Just wanted to share.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/28/2013]
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I agree - any type of testing has to a good thing! Maybe even insurance will pay for it? (or is that too much to ask :)

Mary
    [This Message was Edited on 03/29/2013]
  3. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

My insurance which is through PEIA does cover this.......I would think most insurance would cover this.......My insurance plan actually accepts CFS as a disease. Here is the name of the test and codes:
    Chronic Fatigue, Immune Dysfunction Syndrome Panel

CPT Code(s)

83520 (x2)*, 84238*, 86644, 86645, 86658 (x6), 86663, 86664, 86665 (x2), 86790 (x2)†

Includes

• Coxsackie B Antibody Panel, CF

• Cytomegalovirus (CMV) IgG and IgM Antibody, ELISA

• Epstein-Barr Nuclear Antigen (EBNA) Antibody, ACIF

• Epstein-Barr Viral Capsid Antigen (VCA) Antibody, IFA

• Epstein-Barr Virus Early Antigen (R+D) IgG, IFA

• Herpesvirus 6 Antibodies (IgG, IgM)

• Interferon-Alpha, EIA

• Interleukin-2 (IL-2), ELISA

4. ...thank you so much! I will look into this for my insurance as well (Blue Cross Blue Shield) and keep my fingers crossed... I have a new doc I am trying soon, so I will bring this info about the test and codes with me...

This is definitely a step in the right direction and very encouraging... Thanks again for sharing this important news with all of us!

Blessings and Gentle Hugs,
    Shel
    [This Message was Edited on 03/29/2013]
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Am definitely going to look into this -

Mary
  6. donnaba

donnaba New Member

Has anyone had this test yet and had positive results?