Chronic GI Problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Stampeding_Sheep, Nov 16, 2005.

  1. Stampeding_Sheep

    Stampeding_Sheep New Member

    Hi all. First off, I'm a 24 year-old male and have had fibromyalgia for several years now. I've had extensive tests over the past few years to figure out why I have chronic constipation. Finally, my defecogram found that I have nonrelaxing puborectalis (rectal sling) and external anal canal muscles. I've done biofeedback testing, but it didn't work. I went to a surgeon to see if he could administer BT injections to paralyze the muscles, but "they don't perform those treatments." I have to go through ridiculous routines in order to have any kind of bowel movements. Wondering if anyone knows of any docs in the connecticut (or anywhere for that matter) that could help this.

    Also, I've been trying to find a doctor in connecticut who gives the IVMT "myer's cocktail" treatment. Dr. Katz in Derby is doing a clinical trial right now for it, and I was going to volunteer, but i didn't wanna be apart of the placebo group (plus it's about a 2 hour drive). I know D.O.'s are more familiar with it, but I can't find one in ct who administers this treatment. Anyone know of any docs or have of you had success with the treatment??? I'm wondering if it may help my GI problems too cause it may enable increased blood flow to my lower GI tract. Thanks

  2. kgangel

    kgangel New Member

    Hi Dave,

    So sorry about your troubles. I have had some GI problems too, I had my Gall Bladder out due to severe pain, I have IBS, but I don't have chronic constipation.

    I wish I knew what would work for you. It sounds like you are doing everything you can, I hope someone can help you soon

  3. Stampeding_Sheep

    Stampeding_Sheep New Member

    Thanks for the support kgangel

[ advertisement ]