Chronic Lyme Disease - How does one get????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dalphia, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Dalphia

Dalphia New Member

Can anyone explain how one get Chronic Lyme Disease. If a person doesn't recall ever being bitten by a Tick, guess one could become infected via a mosquito bite. Based on this happening, I presume the infected person bitten by the mosquito never knows, therefore, doesn't get treatment.

Also, if anyone attending the FFCenters is being treated for Chronic Lyme Disease, how are you being treated and if long enough, have you had any positive results. This disease really is frightening to me, so I will appreciate all of your comments and/or experiences.

Regards
    D.D.
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I don't know if a person can get it other than with ticks. You don't have to remember being bitten. Half the people who are diagnosed with lyme don't remember being bitten and never noticed a rash - me included.

FFC is willing to treat lyme without drugs (I'm a special case - drug intollerant). They usually use antibiotics for several months.

3. lilbird

lilbird New Member

DD, I have chronic Lyme and am being treated at the FFC in Los Angeles. I had a tick about 35 years ago that produced a rash, we think that is when I contacted it. Way back then no body knew about Lyme. I think I was on enough ABX for other things over the years to keep it at bay. When my life became very stressful in the early 90's it emerged. Still not knowing what was going on I was DXed with FM/CFS. I now know that it is probably the Lyme that has been making me sick for the last 10-15 years. I am testing Neg for it though. The FFC is treating the Lyme with herbs. I am on Cumanda, samanto and burbur for herxing. I have been on the herbs for about 7 weeks. I have just started to feel a little better this last week.

I am not sure if I will ever be able to compleatly get rid of it but I hope I can get control of it.

Do you have Lyme?

Cathy
  4. lilbird

lilbird New Member

I just wanted to add that the only other proven way to contact Lyme other than by a tick is when you are pregnant you can give it to your children. Two of my three children are starting to show signs. My daughter will see a Dr. in a couple of weeks.

Cathy