chronic lymphocitic leukemia plus CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bct, Aug 7, 2003.

1. bct

bct Well-Known Member

I HAVE BEEN DIAG. WITH CLL. (2001). DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS IN ADDITION TO CFS? MY LEUKEMIA IS "INDOLENT", OR SLEEPING. MY DOC SAYS THIS IS NOT INVOLVED WITH MY CFS, WHICH I'VE HAD SINCE ABOUT '93. DO -I BELIEVE HIM (MY ONCOLOGIST) OR MY GP WHO SAYS ALL SYSTEMS ARE RELATED. PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT SICK FROM THE LEUKEMIA, AND NOT IN CHEMO OR ANYTHING, BUT AM JUST BEING MONITORED ON A THREE MONTH BASIS. ANY FEED-BACK APPRECIATED. HUGS TO ALL, BARRY.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/07/2003]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome to the board. I really do not know about leukemia, but we are prone to several types of cancer including lymphomas. I am glad your cancer is latent and not making you sick. CFIDS is bad enough by itself.

Love, Mikie
  3. bct

bct Well-Known Member

4. Iggy_RN

Iggy_RN New Member

I have never heard of a latent leukemia. I would research this as much on your own and I would favor your oncologist's opinion, but definitely get a second opinion.... Any illness w/Leukemia attached sounds serious to me. I know we are more prone to cancers which research has shown. Get a second opinion to put your mind at rest. and please let us know. God's blessings, Iggy
  5. Iggy_RN

Iggy_RN New Member

From what i have read, it seems that you have an uncontrollable growth of immature B cell (lymphocytes), from the bone marrow, but I still am not sure about Leukemia being a sleeping disease, I have heard of remissions. Please keep us posted Barry you are in my prayers. What I did read is this would lower your immune system which would probably aggravate CFS? but then we get to the question which came first the chicken or the egg? CFS/Leukemia, Theories/research back up either sides of this. Love Iggy
  6. bct

bct Well-Known Member

7. bct

bct Well-Known Member

A 3 year bump!

I'm still stable. CFS is worse. Anyone else have this?

Love to all
    Barry
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

But I wanted to touch base. What an absolute shock for you. Is this something that can be treated successfully like hairy cell?

Good Luck, I would get a second oncol. opinion if necessary.

Love ANNE c
  9. bct

bct Well-Known Member

"Stable RAI" shall be my new mantra!

Actually, last visit, my leucocytes had gone down considerably. The doc. seemed quite perplexed and asked if I had been taking steroids! He is a very experienced onco., and said that he had seen ONE case of total remission in his practice. I'm going to try to make that TWO!

Thanks again for your kind reply, it really cheered me up when I was feeling blue.

Love,
    Barry