Chronic Myofascial Pain in spine, also Fibromyagia Lupus

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luppyfm, Sep 1, 2006.

1. luppyfm

luppyfm New Member

I am going through so much pain in my back, seems like its directly on the spine, yet MRI and other tests show noting is wrong. I have been trying to research Chronic Myofascial Pain as one member answered my last message and she hit the exact spot on my back that is si bad and hers is the same. She has been diagnosed with Chronic Myofascial Pain. I Sure am greateful for this Message board and site!! I hope I can help someone else in the near future as I have been helped. It's so easy to think your just nuts and its all your imagination! I KNOW IT ISN'T and I AM NOT CRAZY (yet!) Thanks again.
    Luppyfm
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

My doctor told me(he is a natropath and osteopath) that myofacial pain is a fancy way of sayoing muscle spasms. He explained that it refers to the "top" layer of muscles normally.

Our problem does appear to be that once the muscles get into a spasm they cannot unknot or get out again, so the pain becomes chronic.

The back and neck pain and even head pains are usually due to the muscles being incredibly tight and pressing also on nerves.

Anything one can to to release the muscles works well.

The self help book on trigger point therapy is great. I find using the eraser end of a regular pencil works really well on the trigger points I can reach.

Pain makes anyone appear to be nuts(with the accent on appear)especially chronic pain that goes on and on and on
    I have often thought of depicting the pink bunny with fm/cfs!!!

It is a case of which comes first the chicken or the egg really. When we land at our twentieth doctor and end up weeping, maybe we appear to be depressed but really we are just exhausted and worn down with the pain and lack of sleep etc. Also being treated badly.

Love and hugs,

Anne
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

although i have the massager also it does not work well for me along the spine like the tennis ball see what works for you. i used a golf ball once that was a mistake, there was too much pain after that .start slow and i mean slow or you will feel it. good luck charlene
  4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

And if the tennis ball is to hard, you can start out with a small plastic air-filled ball.
  5. luppyfm

luppyfm New Member

i DEEPLY APPRECIATE ALL THE INFORMATION I HAVE GOTEN REGADING MY BACK PAIN. SOMEONE MENTIONED A TENNIS BALL, HOW DOES THIS WORK? THANKS AGAIN. WILL WRITE SOON.
  6. jodiller

jodiller New Member

I have FMS and also a jaw problem. My OS DX's it as FMS/MFP --my insurance company wanted to kick it out as TMJ but doc told them I have FMS of the face also... After 8 months of fighting with insurance company they are going to pay. I was in a rollover years ago and had a proplast.teflon implant put in my jaw joint. After the FDA recalled it everything ends up going back to that.
    Getting off topic. But do know MFP can effect you spine and FMS can effect you face.
  7. charlenef

charlenef New Member

does give me some relief you might want to go back and forth on each side of your spine before you try going up and down along the spine on each side. i do both now the back and forth motion is easier on your body plus i lost 2 inches in my waist. charlene