Chronic Pain Center

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abcanada, Nov 2, 2006.

1. abcanada

abcanada New Member

Anyone on this board go to, or have gone to a pain management center/doctor or group? I've been referred to one, but the waiting list is currently 1 1/2 years, so I won't be going for awhile. I'm not sure what to expect. On the questionaire they sent me asked if I was willing to work in a group environment, and I said 'NO'. My reasoning is that I have no interest in hearing all about someone elses pain, I feel that would cause me more pain. I don't have alot of time, as I have 4 young children and my goal is to get to the bottom of 'my' pain. Please let me know if you had an experience with a chronic pain center. Thanks so much, Laura
  2. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

I go to a pain management center every 3 months for nerve blocks and trigger point injections. They also write my lortab, flexeril, and amitriptyline prescriptions. There was no waiting list or group environment.

I had to sign a narcotics agreement and meet with the psychologist once. They also offer physical therapy.

Hope this helps a little!! And you have my admiration for keeping up with 4 kids!!!

Shelley
  3. homesheba

homesheba New Member

been going to them for a few years now
    and have done the injections-
    till now he said he wont do anymore on me
    cause they dont seem to wk..
    . what???
    and i have done all the other things
    and lortabs and vicodins...
    and now that seems to be all they want
    to do with me..
    well i go today-
    again,
    so i pray he will give me something
    that will last and i
    wont be on the roller coaster...
  4. abcanada

abcanada New Member

What is this agreement all about?
  5. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

I go to a pain management doctor and i've found him to be the most helpful of any type of doctor i've seen so far.

BUT, I get an appointment within 1-2 weeks, and its obviously a private appointment. I wouldn't do a group session either.

I wouldn't wait that long, and I wouldn't do group meetings, because mostly i think it would take so much longer, and you wouldn't get the individual attention. Besides the fact that I wouldn't want to go into all of my stuff in front of strangers.

So, go to a pain management doctor, but don't wait that long to get some help.
  6. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

I see a pain management dr (DO) in Dallas. Don't go to a group but I love my dr!!! Maybe you can see if there is a practice near you. I would hate for you to have to wait for 1 1/2 years to get help that you need!

Bless you and your family!! They are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Lisa