Chronic SinusitisCan It Be A Symptom?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by dreamharp, Sep 3, 2006.

1. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

I was wondering if chronic sinusitis could be a symptom of
    Lyme Disease? Thank you! Dreamharp
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Before I became so ill that I had to leave my job I had to have sinus surgery for my sinus problems.

The majority of lyme patients have bad allergies and should seek treatment to clear up their sinuses. It really helped me.
  3. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

I have had sinusitis for over 18 years and I had sinus surgery
    but it didn't help much. Allergy tests always come out
    negative. I have felt unwell for 18 years! I am starting
    to wonder and research Lyme disease. What else did you
    do besides sinus surgery to help your sinusitis? Thanks

Dreamharp
  4. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I have heard of people that have strict insurance that won't treat allergies unless you have really a high response test from allergy testing.

That surprises me if you are testing negative for allergies as I see a major lyme doc and a VERY high percentage of his patients have allergies.

Between the sinus surgery and allergy shots my problem is over with.
    Wish I could be of more help
    j
  5. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

I think I have allegen sensitivities and not a true allergy.
    In other words I get sinusitis from irritants. So it would
    not show up as an allergy. I have had 4 allergy tests done.
    I have good insurance and not HMO. Oh well, I'll keep
    searching for a remedy. Thanks for your posts. I appreciate it. Dreamharp
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

there is a board here for that, did you know Dreamharp?

I keep waiting for some RX from that Mayo study that found that most chronic sinusitis was caused by fungal infection - I posted some info at that board here....

That said, I do have to say that at this point on doing the Marshall Protocol, my headaches are somewhat better -- meaning I'm not getting major ones 20 hours out of 7 days.... this has been the hardest thing for me, allergy desensitization hasn't helped, surgery is not indicated, no infections on CT scans etc...

I'm thinking the last 2 docs I saw (one was an ENT, one an infectious disease doc) were right, that it is the pollution drifing our way from Atlanta, they say they see people like me all the time from general area, even tho I don't live in the Atlanta 'metro' area, I am only 60-70 miles east of the city.

One of the few times I got a break was when I spent a few days in Santa Fe, a very clean-air place...

all the best,
    Victoria

7. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

Yes I do know there is a sinusitis website too. I was just
    wondering if I might have Lyme disease. I believe the
    doctors are correct-pollution is certainly a factor with
    getting sinusitis. The increase is unbelievable!

I might have fungal sinusitis. Is there a new fungal
    spray out? I will check what you posted on the sinusitis
    board. Dreamharp
  8. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I noticed you said you wonder if you have lyme. My lyme doc who has seen thousands of patients since the 80's told me this. The number one misdiagnosed lyme case is FM the number two is CFS. All you need is to take an igenex western blot and you will get your answer.

Another doc that works with FM and CFS told me a couple of weeks ago she thinks about all of her patients would test positive for lyme if she had igenex lyme test taken.

Her treatment works for lyme as it involves antibiotics so she doesn't require the testing.

The majority of the people on the FM and CFS board are talking about lyme symptoms but they don't go to docs that are lyme aware and use proper testing.

Something to think about,
    J
  9. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

How accurate is the igenex test for CHRONIC LYME Disease?
    Is the test expensive? I always thought fibro and CFS
    never made sense to what they were caused from. Lyme disease
    makes more sense when you really think about it. All these
    years and not much has been found by the doctors that study
    CFS and fibro.

Is it possile to have Lyme without any joint issues and only
    muscle? I'm just learning all this and will research
    Lymenetdotog Thanks!

Dreamharp
  10. jarjar

jarjar New Member

You don't have to have joint issues to have lyme.

Speaking of our prior conversation I just read of a Doctor in Houston that had a packed practice full of CFS and FM patients. He also was ill. He started studying lyme and found out that he as well as all of his patients were dealing with lyme.

You can go to the Igenex web site and order the test kit for an IGg and IGm western blot. Do not bother with the PCR testing as it is not reliable.

When the test kit is mailed back, no later then wednesday, the cost should be around 200.00 or a little less.

They are the most accurate state of the art testing facility and most insurance pays for the test.