Chronic Sore Throat

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mncjl, Feb 11, 2006.

1. mncjl

mncjl New Member

Tell me about your chronic Sore throat with CFS and Fibro. Mine is daily and burns when I eat anything with sugar or acid - immediately. It is always sore. And, no strep or acid reflux. I've been through every test in the book!
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

This does not sound right. Have you any mold in the house? A thought is that you can get a pill that coats the throat, it is for reflux, cannot think what it is, not acid reducer-darn fog! This one works by coating that whole tongue through stomach. Gee, who knows the name please?

Hope someone can recall the name. Love Anne
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I too had a chronic sore throat for years. I discoverd two different causes.

The first I had was caused by a pantothenic acid deficiency due to stress. Pantothenic acid is crucial for adrenal health and I had been under chronic severe stress. When I started taking a good B complex vitamin and extra pantothenic acid (about 500 mg. a day), the sore throat stopped. This particular sore throat was accompanied by burning feet (strange but true) and the burning feet also stopped when I started taking pantothenic aicd.

The second sore throat was more elusive. I too always tested negative for strep; however, the sore throat would go away when I took antibiotics so it was bacterial in origin. My chiropractor told me I had a chronic low-grade strep infection which did not show up on the tests because it wasn't severe enough. But it was enough to make me tired all the time.

I couldn't take antibiotics all the time, and finally got rid of that sore throat by taking colloidal silver. I gargled with it and took several teaspoons a day, for about a month. I herxed rather severely the first few days so knew it was doing something.

The sore throat came back briefly a few months later and I re-treated with the colloidal silver, and it has pretty much stayed away.

My throat seems to be my Achilles heel - I had strep a lot as a child. Anyways, I hope this helps --

Mary
  4. mncjl

mncjl New Member

I have been tested for every allergy in the book! And, none to be positive. I hear that sore throat is a common part of chronic fatigue. So, I guess I want to know if mine is common or not. I take Vitamins and good complex ones. And, that is not helping either.
  5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hi,
    I would like to echo what Mary said about stress. Whenever I get under severe stress, I immediately get a sore throat and the Fibro around my muscles increases. My glands hurt a lot, too. Pantothenic acid might really help... I know I'm going to try it.

Thanks, Mary.
    Hugs to all,
    Terry
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

When I get a sore throat and it stays around all day then I am pretty sure it is thrush (oral yeast). I even went to the doc and he told me it was a virus. My strep test was negative. Yeah, but it turned out to be thrush and I was on meds by another doc for 19 days. Hasn't come back since, thankfully.

A morning sore throat that goes away can be allergies too. I think I also have GERD.

I only have FMS, not CFIDS. Good luck and I hope you will feel better really soon. :)

Hugs,
    Faye
  7. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I know I have pushed myself too far...it is one of the CFIDS symptoms when I am in a flare.

Sore throat for me is a sign that I need to rest.
  8. Cycie

Cycie New Member

I have a continual sore throat for years, but about every 3-4 mths I get a tiny little red lump thingy on the back of the throat and it causes me so much pain and just knocks the stuffing outta me, unless I get antibotics into me really quick it takes a long time to come good again and I can be laid up for weeks.
    I may get the Doc to take a swab next time it comes up, what do you guys think, he said it could be because I am a smoker????
    Any other smokers get this ????????

Luv the Board
    Gentle Hugs 2 all
    Cycie
  9. Stillkicking

Stillkicking New Member

Regarding the sore throat, I was wondering if you have had a xray of your sinuses. I complained for many years of a sore throat and never had an sinus xray which would have solved the mystery.