Chronic Stomach Upset..??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suz9601, Sep 5, 2005.

1. suz9601

suz9601 Member

For the past 3 weeks I have had this constant stomach upset. It burns or feels nauseas just below my breastbone. I have a lot of belching with it. It usually isn't bad at night but continues all day long. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of food I eat, spicy foods dont make it worse. Ice cream helps it.

I have tried pepcid, antacids, gasX, slippery elm, DGL, and nothing seems to calm it down. There is no pain, just nausea and a little burning from time to time..

Anyone have anything like this? Ulcer? Gall Bladder? Bowel movements are normal, It did this a year ago but only lasted for a week. Just thought maybe some of you may have experienced something like this. Thanks for any suggestions.
  2. pokys

pokys New Member

I have had a similiar problem for the past 5 years. My pain is a consist pain on the lower left side of my stomach. It stays in one spot and never anywhere else. I have had all medical test (not to mention a partial hysterecomy). The pain was so bad that my doctors were prescribing me darvecit. I must have taken those for about 3 years. Finally I decided to stop the pills and deal with it. I never got rid of the pain and sometimes it got so bad. I have some good and and some bad. I was once told that if its under you rib cage in the middle. Its an ulcer. Good luck!!!!!!!!
  3. suz9601

suz9601 Member

thanks pokys..sorry you have suffered too...

Anyone else??
  4. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Go to the Herb Shop and get a bottle of Pure Peppermint Oil.
    It cost about $8.00 but it will last for ages.
    Just one drop on the back of your hand and lay your tongue on it. That way anyone can use it. You can use it as often as you like and it helps within minutes. It really works. I have a bottle in my purse all the time.
    Shirley
  5. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

If it was an ulcer, trust me you would have felt the pain, I have one.
    It sounds like it may be a mild case of gastritis.
    In the meantime get yourself some Pepto-Bismol and if it doesn't get better, go see your doctor.

Phoebe
  6. jess

jess New Member

I had similar symptoms a few years ago. a blood test revealed h pylori infection, no ulcer. I got rid of it with the usual antibiotics that are prescribed. You should have it checked out. I hope you feel better. Jess