Chronic Yeast Infection under arms

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by jtumblin, Aug 11, 2003.

1. jtumblin

jtumblin New Member

I am looking for advice on a recurring yeast under both of my arms and under my abdominal "Fat Roll". This all started with me about 4 years ago when I was pregnant with my 2nd child. The doctors gave my Nystatin and Mycolog cream repeatedly and it would help temporarily but never clear completly up. I have been put on two different antifungal medication Grisefluvin and now Ketoconazole. Not to mention when they tried me on Diflucan every 3 days for a month.... Anyway, NEED any advice or insight that anyone my have. Thanks
  2. colinjn

colinjn New Member

Hi J,
    You might try some natural peoducts. I sounds like you have quite the systemic build up there and will have to go slowly.
    There is a bad reaction to too quick of a die off.

I had great success with caprylic acid and olive oil capsules, and I hear that Enteric Coated (very important) Oregano oil works even better (dont bother trying the oil plain it's like swallowing turpentine!) followed by pro biotic supplements.

The tea tree oil can be mixed with olive oil or whatever you want to make a nice lotion for the affected areas.

And of course laying off all foods that promote yeast growth (starches and sugars, beer etc)is necessary and sometimes the hardest part.

That's what worked for me.

Colin
  3. jtumblin

jtumblin New Member

Thanks. I recently went to see Dr. Orian Truss,MS, and the author of "The Missing Diagnosis" and he too suggested no carb / yeast diet and ooooohhhh yes it is definitely a challenge. He prescribed the Nystatin by mouth but nothing for the skin under the arms and abdomen. I WILL DEFINITELY TRY YOUR SUGGESTIONS. THANKS A BUNCH.

JANICE
  4. jtumblin

jtumblin New Member

Thanks. I recently went to see Dr. Orian Truss,MS, and the author of "The Missing Diagnosis" and he too suggested no carb / yeast diet and ooooohhhh yes it is definitely a challenge. He prescribed the Nystatin by mouth but nothing for the skin under the arms and abdomen. I WILL DEFINITELY TRY YOUR SUGGESTIONS. THANKS A BUNCH.

JANICE
  5. geralynn

geralynn New Member

Hi,
    I have had problems with yeast rashes for 15 years.It is not too much of a problem anymore.Every time I bath, I put 1/4 Cup Baking Soda in my bath. I don't use any bath oils or beads, or bubbles as they can irritate the rashes more.I use only anti bacterial soaps, that are non irritating to sensetive skin. When I do have a breakout ,I use chlorotrimazole ointment on the rash.Being a Diabetic has made this a constant issue for me and I am totally sympathetic. Let us know how it goes.
    Geralynn