Chronically Elevated Cortisol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kch64, Feb 1, 2011.

1. kch64

kch64 New Member

Hi. I've had Fibro for several hundred years (haha). (Feels like that sometimes).

Anyway, I recently found I have higher than normal cortisol levels. I was given a saliva test.

Also, about 7 years ago, had high levels too.

Anyone else have this issue? What did your doctor do? Mine told me to take Seriphos for sleep, but I haven't tried it yet.

[This Message was Edited on 02/01/2011]
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Kendra - I had elevated cortisol levels several years ago and was told to take Seriphos. It worked great, with no side effects. One thing I found was that it was important to take it in the morning (even though it helped with sleep at night).

It really works, you should try it. Unchecked high cortisol levels are damaging to the body.

Stress of course contributes to high cortisol levels so whatever you can do to lower stress will be helpful. But in the meanwhile, try the Seriphos. I had to play with the dose to get it right, I ended up taking 8 capsules in divided doses in the morning and after several months was able to cut back and don't take any right now.

And it did help with sleep. High cortisol in the middle of hte night will cause severe inomnia.

3. Jayna

Jayna New Member

Although I only take 1/3 capsule in the mornings instead of the recommended dose of one in the morning and one in the evening, I've been sleeping more regularly and had less startle responses since starting a couple of months ago.
  4. kch64

kch64 New Member

thank you for your responses. I appreciate your help.
  5. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

My morning cortisol is low but night time is high, i have been taking 100mg of phosphatidyleserine at night and its been helping, but still use sleep meds but sleep quality in general has improved. Baclofen has also been helpful.

6. kch64

kch64 New Member

I'll look it up and try it. Thanks
  7. kch64

kch64 New Member

I'm going to try it. I tried the seriphos, it worked, but made me itch. Maybe I'm allergic to it somehow.

8. kch64

kch64 New Member

OK. I'll let you know how it works. I'm hoping if I can get my sleep fixed, then everything else will fall in place.

9. kch64

kch64 New Member

No answers on it, so thought it was something others didn't want to talk about.