Chronically irritable... other weird symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monicaz49, Oct 14, 2006.

1. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

I am chronically irritable and feel rushed and overwhelmed all the time...when i shouldnt be. Its kinda scary.
    My anxiety is chronic too but the irritability for no reason is kinda weird. It is magnified very much during pms but aside from that i dnt get it.

i also noticed lately i have more saliva. lol
    i get car sick easy.
    my cortisol is high, not low like the stereo type of cfs
    my throat sometimes feels like its slightly closing
    im more on edge (easily startled)
    i have alot of mind racing and thoughts that i cant shut off
    my vision fluctuates from blurry to clear
    i just feel out of it sometimes.
    ive read alot on cfs and i know fatigue and aches are not the only symptoms...but i cant help but wonder if im just a wack job. lol
    i also wonder if candida is playing a role in this.
  2. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

You just described most of my symptoms. Sometimes also I feel like I am on fire too-- my skin, but I have no fever.
  3. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I am chronically irritable and feel rushed and overwhelmed all the time...when i shouldnt be.I have Xanax but I think I need something else.
    Sandy
  4. homesheba

homesheba New Member

that is me to!!!
    i cant stand these wierd feelings!
    except my mouth is usually dry cause of the sogrens syndrome...
    wow, this is the first time ive ever had my thoughts in print by someone else!!
    ha ha!!
    thankyou,
    i never could have wrote it that good!!:)
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Your high cortisol can cause the chronic irritability and mind racing. See a post I did called "trougle sleeping linked to high cortisol, what to do"

I had high cortisol and started taking Seriphos (phosphorylated serine) 3 years ago and finally am off of it. It calmed me down almost immediately but did not drug me. I found it very important to take it in the morning, not at night.

Anyways, read the post.

Mary
  6. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Look into it.

I have also had similar symptoms and was diagnosed this year with anxiety disorder with OCD. OCD can seem subtle so I would look into it before you rule it out. It realy is a monster that feeds on itself. I didn't realize how controlled I was by it until I got treated for it. Cymbalta has made a huge difference for me.

I also get very over-stimulated, as many of us do, by my environment - lights, sounds.

I have dysautonomia (some believe we all do in some form). These anxiety and depression disorders are very common with our syndromes. Don't be afraid that it will invalidate your current diagnosis. It should only substantiate it. The most important thing is that you get help and live better.

My thoughts are with your frusteration.

Sofi
  7. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Bruce M. Carruthers, M.D., C.M., FRCP(C)

Overload phenomena: Patients may be
    hypersensitive to noise, light, odours,
    speed and to mixed sensory modalities.
    Cognitive, motor, perceptual, and emotional overload causes a worsening of other symptoms and may 
    result in patients becoming temporarily immobilized."

The overload phenomena is periodically a huge problem for me, it is always there, especially if I am flaring or am fatigued. My mom has the same problem!

I hope it helps to know you're not alone with all this madness,,,LOL!
  8. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

My symptoms just latley sound just like yours...even the more saliva thing.....I usually hear of people having dry mouth and eyes(my eyes are dry alot) but I swear the saliva in my mouth just won't go away....Also for all the other things you mentioned. I have all of them too.My new doc just put me on nystatin for candida. I will for sure let you know if it helps. Good Luck to you ~hugs~ Mick!!
  9. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

The others have answered this before my post.....Sensory Overload. It was and is horrible. I now am on a very tiny dose of a Abilify (written off label) and it has helped so much...not perfect but so much better. Klonopin was helping some but nothing like this med. It is similar to the med that Hayleycole is taking. My dose is less than that of a child's beginning dose. The drug is a "heavy hitter" but it is giving me some of my life back.

I am grateful. I didn't think I could stand to live the way it was before I started this medication. I've only been on it a couple of months.
  10. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I have been to Walmart 1 time in 3 years. I can't walk that far or stand the motion and noise. Don't try anything like Cicuit City where there are dozens of TV's on either. I can only go to restaurants when it is not busy.

We made a purchase of the new Boise 3 Sound Reduction Headphones....you need that for your outfit. My Mom still tells me she just can't believe that everything can bother you. It does. The headphones work well enough to offset the expense. I wear them in my home a great deal.

Take care everyone
  11. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

thank you EVERYONE. i didnt expect anyone to relate or know much on this...so thanks! In regards to the bi-polar....i will look into this...i hadnt before because i read one of the symptoms is that you switch from alot of energy and real positive and all that to depressed and negative. I NEVER have alot of energy or feel great and excited. So i assumed that couldnt be me. The most i feel is happier and more positive on one of my better days.
    Its a diagnosis that would scare me anyways...but ill read more on it. Also bipolar wouldnt explain the body pain, etc..right?

Now...about this autonomic/system overload thing....is that PART of CFS/fibro or is that seperate?????? I just want to know whether or not its part of my cfs/fibr diagnosis and not a seperate thing.

And then theres the posting about the Candida/Nystatin treatment. Id like to know more about what you are going through. Candida was my own self-diagnosis way before this cfs/fibro. i researched it...got a test...showed elevated yeast...begged my doc to treat me and finally did nystatin myself. ive also read a link between candida and cfs/fibro...as if they are related or one in the same! I did the nystatin 3 weeks and the die off(or side effects) were hard...it was mostly cognitive issues and dizziness. i had to stop. :( im concerned thats still a problem for me and many people here that dont know about it.

I was SUPRISED that many of you replied stating you had the same symptoms!!!!! id like to talk more with you folks.

thanks again for your replies. :)
  12. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

I also have this little zap feeling that comes and goes in the same spot on the top of my head.
    my arms get numb if i lay on them or have them up too long,
    lets see..what else...i get really hot...yet prespire little to none (already checked thyroid).
  13. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

similareties (ouch spel?) . got a friend who has a son:was diagnosed with bipolar, a few years later they actually found he has LYMNE!(Borelia Burgdorfi)
    my son shows similar symptoms and has ME/CFIDS too.Showed up with a positive for Borelia B. he HAD had!

Many with ME/CFIDS show aparently deranged Cortisol levels, (MY SON DID NOT, BUT HE HAD HIGH ANXIETY AND MOODSWINGS), i was told by some Experts.
    the others have said it allready.

i have less anxiety problems, but sensory overload at times unbearable.Easely overhelmed in the mornings, when to many tasks at hand and too many people around.
    i think this symptoms are very common in this DD.

Valerian helps and some other ayurvedic combinations of herbs and watching the diet!
    take care
    karina

karina
  14. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

ok thank you...so it is possible with this to have anxiety and over stimulated mind?
    i tested at kaiser for lyme. it was negative. should i test somewhere else?
    i wonder if the cortisol/adrenal issues can cause this.
    i dont think its bipolar..but hell who knows.
  15. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Monica- this IS part of FM/CSF.

Hugs
    [This Message was Edited on 10/15/2006]
  16. enjoysue

enjoysue New Member

I used to have the racing mind too so I truly sympathize with you. Thankfully I do not have that any more. Now I just have the jumbled up thoughts when I want to make a point and it never comes out right. HA, maybe now my brain is moving too slow!
    I also can not tolerate Walmart. My sister works there and I told her I NEVER could. Too bright and too noisy. Oh yea, and too big! IF I go there it has to be after 10 p.m. and then I can also finally get a decent parking spot. There are not enough disabled parking spaces at ours.
  17. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

ok. thanks. its the mental issues that scare me (anxiety, irritability, pressure sensation in head).
    yes.....walmart or any store/mall makes me feel worse. my equalibrium becomes worse and im more aware of my senses...if that makes any sense. lol
    I pray for a cure.
  18. sdown

sdown New Member

I had huge problems with irritability. SAMe and B12 help alot.Plus I got my mercury fillings removed. Doc told me the mercury or any metals like aluminum, arsenic,nickel etc really irritate the brain therefore causing lots of irritability. You can buy SAMe on this website
  19. sfd647

sfd647 New Member

Well, it certainly has been interesting reading all these comments about your situation Monica. Plus the doctor has a good point about his mom. I just wanted to say that in some respects it seems like having a many seperate situations all rolled together like a snowball effect.

(1).. the anxiety part in alot of ways sound like having a panic attack. There are those that do suffer from a panic disorder.

(2) the listings of the noise levels, irritableness, hot vs cold and the many others things that the doctor was listing about his mother complaining about reminds me of when I had my hysterectomy. When I had my uterus and ovaries removed at a young age (35), it threw me into a "change of life" right away. I was not allowed any estrogen at that time because I had endometriosis. When the uterus was removed, some of the tissue in little fragments was there and the doctor said that until they sort of "burned out", they could end up becoming little blood bodies that could affect other parts of my body should I have any estrogen just yet. All I can tell you is that while I was waiting for the glorious moment of taking estrogen, I lived in a nightmare. My veins felt like cold or boiling water ran through them. He said that was the vascular change in me. My anxiety level was extreme. My ex husband who was my full fledged husband at the time, knew the whole new meaning of chopped liver or ground up meat. lol I would chew him up and spit him out with words. It was horrible. Sounds were very extreme. I was able to tolerate them BEFORE the surgery but not could not stand the sound turned up. I would look at things that were sad and laugh while I would see things that were funny and would cry. All I can say is that I really felt like I was losing my mind. I was running a day care at the time. One day one of my little sweeties did something (Right now I can't remember exactly what it was) or said something that was bad and I just slapped him across his face!! I was so shocked!! I went into the kitchen and cried. I couldn't say I was sorry because he just thought that he did something wrong and I didn't want to draw any more attention to it less he tell his mom and dad. However, I left a red mark on his face where I slapped him. His parents were do any time to pick him up. Nothing came of it but I will tell you that I went back to my OB/GYN immediately (4 months after the surgery ) and told him what happened and said, I need something NOW!! He agreed and henceforth, estrogen was given. Later he gave me progesterone to go with it to help guard against breast cancer later down the road. My nightmare finally came to a close. Sounds still bother me a bit but I don't get as edgy as in having a raw nerve. I do have a sensitivity to smell. I can smell things that others don't and they think I am crazy until I prove what I smelled did exist and showed them. They would just shake their head. So for those of you that may have gone through what I did, you know what I am talking about. For those that are having these feelings and don't know, go to your doctor because you may be going through menopause (change of life) and low in estrogen. It is amazing what simple hormones can do to someone if they are depleted or under supplied to the body. I have seen all the other things in the responses that it could point to in your case, but because of my situation, I just thought I would throw it into the ring as well. Maybe it will help someone from thinking they are losing their mind like I thought I was. Also, don't EVER think that you would be too young to start menopause. I have heard of some that started menopause in their mid thirties. My mother did and she ended up having my brother at the age of 40 and they called him a change of life baby. I don't know of anyone else having their children at 40 or older other than to say how sorry I am to hear it. Imagine when you really start in with the hot flashes, sweats, irritablity, etc associated with menopause when they become teenagers. Ohhhhh my. Working with teenagers is a real challenge when you are all together, sorta anyway. lol

Anyway, I hope this may have helped some.

Sylvia
  20. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

I have been having some of the same issues lately as well....
    I have been overly irritabile, snapping at my boyfriend for no real reason, getting mad at friends for this I would let roll off my back before.
    I am more on edge
    and for sure I have sensory overload in Walmart and Superstore etc as well. I was just there last nite and had to leave before I was done my shopping because I was becoming confused and started to have a crash and with all the lights, people, sounds - it was too much. I had to come home and lie down in a dark quiet room till I was feeling better (happens a lot to me on trips to larger stores for shopping)
    Erika