Ciguatera and salt

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ciguavictim, Jul 4, 2003.

1. ciguavictim

ciguavictim New Member

As well as many other symptoms, I developed a sensitivity to salt after getting Ciguatera from a Tuna-fish caught locally whilst on vaccation in the Maldives Islands (South-west of Sri Lanka) in the July of 1998.
    Does anyone else with Ciguatera have a problem with salt, i.e: Do you feel terrible the next day if you eat more than a level tea-spoon of salt in one day?

[This Message was Edited on 07/05/2003]
  2. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

I'd die without salt. Well, okay sounds like you can have some. Sorry I can't answer your question--just replying so you know your post is being read. The board is slower on the weekends.
  3. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Sounds like way too much to me anyway, unless you are in a hot climate and are sweating a lot.

1/4 teaspoon is the daily recommendation.

Do you use table salt? That has all kinds of chemicles.

I put up an article recently on Sea Salt, have you seen it?

Tap the words into the search box at the top and a list of posts will appear.
    The article you need reads *Salt is vital - you just gotta read all this article. It has some amazing info.

Pat.
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi welcome to the board. Sorry I have never heard of the illness you described.

I love salt, and eat my share of Sea Salt everyday. No, I do not get ill from salt.

I live in Louisiana, and salt and water are the staffs of life here.

Again, welcome to the board, and I hope you get more information on your question.

Shalom, Shirl