CINDYCOR Update- Denver FFC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pumpkinpatch, Nov 21, 2005.

1. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I've been a patient at the Denver FFC since June 10/05. Had all the blood tests and they came up with:

Lymes, chlamydia pneumoniae, thyroid, low sexual hormones, high cortisol, low dhea, low pregenolone, yeast.

I'm being treated with heavy antibiotics, immune boosters, vitamins, supplements, hormones, sleep med, anti-fungal, anti-viral.

I just had my phone consult today and we both agreed that I've turned a corner. 4 months of living h....

I'm to add burber and cumanda (sp) in conjunction with the antibiotics and everything else. Also a low-dose anti-anxiety pill to help with the stress. Infections and self-stress can play havoc on the adrenals.

Just want to thank everyone here for all your support. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm seeing a glimmer of light in this dark hole.

Cindy
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

That is the FFC I looked into as it was the closest to us. Did you like the Denver facility? Did you do the IV the 1st day?

Oh, I just don't know what to do. I am so wishy washy this past week.

Kelly
  3. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I have nothing but praise for the Denver FFC. I flew to the clinic and they greeted me with open arms when I arrived there. I was frazzled from the trip and stressed-out.

I've e-mailed Dr. Labair numerous times over the last 5 months and she has responded. The staff is very busy but always make time for me.

Yes I did have the IV at my first appointment. I had to get on a flight at 6 p.m. that night and all I could taste was cream corn. Was afraid the guy beside me could smell it! ha.

For me it's going to be the accumulation of everything combined and over time it will all come together. I figure by next summer I'll be seeing real improvements. But for now I'll stick with the strides I've made in the last month.

I had numerous things going on and everyone has different underlying problems so your case may not be as complicated and you might see improvements faster.

It seems like all the centers offer the same blood tests, treatment protocols etc. I think the bottom line is to stick with the program once you start. Trust me, it's not an overnight fix.

Hope this helps
    Cindy
  4. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

They said I could do the IV the first day and in the morning of the second before I drive home. Would I be up to driving 9 1/2 hours after the IV? It gave you a creamed corn taste - lol.

They, of coarse, said that telephone appts can be done after that. It just worries me driving home.

Kelly
  5. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Honestly I've had the IV's from other naturopaths like the Myers Cocktail and the Hydrogen Peroxide with no improvement but that was before the FFC.

Now that I'm improving I'm sure the IV's would really help me in conjunction with the antibiotics and antiviral.

If I were you I'd book a room. I'm planning on going back after Christmas and will stay at the hotel near the Clinic. They also have Shuttle to the airport right outside the lobby.

I'm a 2 hr. flight from Calgary, Alberta to Denver and the FFC is quite a piece from the airport.

I was a mess when I arrived on the FFC doorstep in June but I'm sure my next visit will be different!

Cindy
  6. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Cindy can you beleive you finally are turning the corner??? I am so happy for you! I know how hard it is to stick with everything so you should be proud of yourself! I just knew this day would come for you. I have been thinking about you and all those out there who are workign so hard to get better. How could we have done it with out the encouragement we have recieved from each other and everyone here?? So how about that skiing?? Think you will be up for it?? Lynn
  7. elsa

elsa New Member

"Turned a corner" .... ALRIGHT!!! I know it may seem like a small corner, but you by golly turned it!! That's wonderful!

I remember the first time my doctor mentioned the words early remission ... he had a big ole smile on his face ... I thought just maybe I could walk on air for a while I was so up! That was almost five months ago with no backsliding.

Don't look back ... just keep your head down and put one foot in front of the other ... remission is real and you're getting there! How wonderful!!

Elsa
  8. lilbird

lilbird New Member

I'm so happy to hear your are feeling so much better. I know you have had a hard time the last few months. It sounds like it is going to pay off.

I have had a few bad days. I think it is the lyme cycling. I have started keeping a log and I seem to get real bad every 4-5 weeks for a few days.

I was thinking today that my good days are better than they were a year ago but my bad days are worse than they were a year ago. Strange.

I joined a local lyme board and met a few people in my area with Lyme. There are some that have been on ABX for a year and are still very sick. You are doing great in 4 months. I think having the FFC treat everything at once really allows are body's to heal faster.

keep up the good work.

Cathy
  9. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. I've definitely turned a small corner but still have a ways to go. I figure by next summer I will have made real strides.

Lynn I can't say enough about your support and I was also hoping for the advances you've made in these last few months.
    Elsa I love reading your posts and how you've improved over the last few years.

I totally agree with Cathy that maybe we progress faster treating everything at once since this lymes effects every area of our body. It's a pain swallowing all these pills every day but I'm seeing and feeling it's all worth it.

Just wanted to mention that I have tried the magnesium before and never felt a difference. Now in these last few weeks I've added it to my daily schedule and my body and muscles are getting so much softer and relaxed. Even my extremely painful neck and upper shoulders.

I have the "Release and Renew" bottle from the FFC and going to try it again. The last time never noticed a difference. I think my healing path has begun. The doctor also mentioned the maitake mushroom because she said looks like I'm not taking enough for immune support.

As of yesterday, I'm officially up to the 2/500 mg. biaxin. I think this antibiotic has the most punch and getting deeper into the tissue and cells. My throbbing temples are loosing up.

Thanks again
    Cindy
    [This Message was Edited on 11/22/2005]
  10. kbak

kbak Member

Cindi,
    I'm so glad your doing better!! It's so wonderful to just start to feel better.

K.
  11. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

It's such good news to learn that you feel you're turning a corner! Just keep your eyes on that glimmer of light until it turns into beautiful sunshine.

The treatment for all of the health issues is not exactly a walk in the park. I'll pass along to you what my daughter tells me for hope and encouragement (she's 27!).

She puts a huge smile on her face, a twinkle in her eye, and with the animation of a cheerleader she says "Mom" (in a singy-songy voice) but I'll say "Cindy"...You're doing goooooood, Cindyyyyy!;-)

Take care,
    Hopeful4
  12. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I don't think I would have made it without the support from all my friends here and my family.

I also wanted to complement you on your dedication and determination.

You started last March and still kept trudging through even with not substantial improvements.

Luckily your Dr. realized there was something bigger going on and had you tested for lymes. Now you will have a plan of action. Start slow and overtime you can build up the dose. That worked the best for me. Couldn't tolerate much when I started.

I wanted to add that this morning I went to the grocery store and wasn't DIZZY at all. Boy that's a switch. I usually feel like running for the door or hitting the floor.

Thanks again
    Cindy