circular rash

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by treasurefinder, Jun 18, 2003.

1. treasurefinder

treasurefinder New Member

Hi,
    I have a question. My sister who has been diagnosed with fibro, has a rash on her legs and buttox. It is red circles. The one I saw was about the size of a nickel, if I recall correctly. I was just wondering if anyone else had had a similar rash and what was it diagnosed as? The dermatologist said it looked like something to do with dry skin and blood vessels? She gave her medicine to take and said to come back in 2 weeks if it did not go away. Any imput from others would be great. She is worried about it and I would like to help reduce her anxiety if I can. Thanks!
  2. treasurefinder

The dermatologist said it is not ringworm. When I saw it I thought it looked like ringworm also. It is a red ring with flesh colored center. It did look dry from what I can remember, I don't think the ring had any bumps, it was just a red ring of skin. Thanks for your replies. My sister thought it was ringworm too since she does have pets in the house. She has been worried that she has lupus because of other symptoms she has been having like rosacea and anemia. She asked the derm if it could be a sign of lupus and she said she did not think so but she could not rule it out. So of course this has my sister more concerned. I guess it is a wait and see thing. Thanks for all your replies.
  3. averilpam

averilpam New Member

sadly I can't remember what it was called. I think it was pittoriasis or something like that. My doctor said it was unusual, even looked it up in a book to check. I think it was a virus rather than bacterial but I'm not sure. It lasted a while, no illness with it, and it wasn't itchy, then it went away and never came back.
    Pam
  4. treasurefinder

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply! My daughter had this when she was 9 or 10 years old. And yes, our doctor had to look it up in a book also. I found some pics of it and I am sending them to my sis to see if they look like what she has. I am suprised the derm did not think of this. But I suppose it looks so much like other things that it would harder to diagnose. I hope this is it.
  5. coyote

coyote New Member

been bitten by ticks?
    Refer to Madwolf's post re Lime Disease.
  6. scottabir

scottabir New Member

it is ringworm I suggest she goes to the store and buy Lamisil. I think it is about $8 and it is a very small tube. It works great on skin conditions.

Abi
  7. scottabir

scottabir New Member

it is ringworm I suggest she goes to the store and buy Lamisil. I think it is about $8 and it is a very small tube. It works great on skin conditions.

Abi
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

To eczema and psoriasis.

Love, Mikie
  9. ZosoLight

ZosoLight New Member

Hi,
    could it be "Tinea Versicolor?" look up this word on the net for a description.

Mrs. Zoso