Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by laceymae, Jun 11, 2007.

1. laceymae

laceymae New Member

just looking at the thread about famous people, I noticed that you are from Ashland. I am from Carter County...
    Where are your Glass projects located at?
    Have to be in Ashland Fri or Sat and would like to check them out...
    Have a good day. lacey
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

Hi Lacey,

My work is sold at The Upstair Gallery on Winchester between 14th & 15th Streets. It is over top of the Prudential Insurance office. There is a balcony upstairs and all the stained glass in the windows is mine.

It is a very nice gallery and has everthing from afforable gifts to high end art. Barb the owner is very nice, if you go in tell her how you "know" me. I am having a 10% sale on my glass now.

Just look for the big hotel across the street. Where are you located in Carter Co? If you like to shop for antiques and unsual collectiables and want to meet me, I work on Fri's at Reggies Attic. It is on 31st and Greenup across from the BP. Can't miss it, it has a big red sign. We are open 12-5.

Thanks for writting and I hope you go see my work even if you don't buy anything. I just like sharing it. Thank you Carla
  3. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I'm in Olive Hill, actually I'm 2 miles from the Carter-Rowan line.

Hopefully I can get to the Gallery Friday.I love the small suncatchers for windows. Do you have many of those?

I love antiques. Don't have many though...Mostly family heirlooms that I have restored. Those are priceless.

nice to meet someone from home...lacey
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

Would you beleive I have never been to Olive Hill? If you google Carla's Stained Glass you will find my website. It has lots of pics of my work, my remodel of my bank repo I bought 3 years ago and of course my furrbies.

I hope you make into town and see it in person- Carla
  5. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Olive Hill is the tpe of town, unless you live here or or have an errand here, there isn't much reason to be here.
    lol...I love it here.

Visited your web site, you are very talented.Your work is beautiful.
    Dumb question though, do you cut yourself much while working with the glass?

I wish I could get back into my wood crafts...I really enjoy creating something out of a piece of wood. Used to do my own cutting, sanding, etc, but I'm not sure if I could still do it.

6. ckball

ckball New Member

Glad you liked my site. Knock on wood, I have never had to go to the er with a bad cut. But have had my share of minor cuts.

I hope you make it into town to see the gallery. Have you heard of First Friday? The first fri of each month Ashland closes Winchester from 15 to 16th sts and all the galleries stay open until 9. They serve refreshments and a lot of the artists are at each gallery so you get to meet the artists. I don't go every month but I try every other.

You need to catch up with Greenbean, she is a carver too. I feel it is so important to have a creative outlet for all we go threw with theses illness's. Have things to get done- talk to you later-Carla