Cleaned My Fridge--Yea!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have been so sick and exhausted and unable to eat much that my fridge bacame a horrible science experiment. The worst part is that the spoiled food odor spread into the freezer and ice cubes. Soooo, yesterday, I finally bit the bullet and turned off both the freezer and fridge sections, opened it up, and cleaned almost everything out. It was either that or buy a new fridge :) It always feels so good to get something major done around here. I'm exhausted today but, at least, it's done.

It's been holding me up from doing other things around here. It's hard to do big jobs like this but one has to do them every now and then.

I'm the only board member down here in the summertime in our condo bldg. We had an outdoor outlet which wasn't working so I had the mgmt. co. send out the electrician. In the meantime, the fire dept. did an inspection and wrote us up for an emergency light which wasn't working. Our emergency lights come on by the stairwells when there is an electrical outage. Nothing lasts down here in the heat and humidity and the plastic housings were brittle and breaking. So, I went to Lowe's and got replacements for the electrician to install.

So, it was a big day, dealing with the electrician, who was a really nice guy, cleaning my fridge, and even doing a couple of loads of laundry. I guess once I have to get up and deal with something, it gets me in the mood to deal with something else. I just have to be careful not to overdo it.

Now, I have to go shopping but this time, I'm buying only a few things. Also, I'm using up things which were in the freezer. If I could only get the energy to get off this sofa, take my shower, and get ready to go.

Love, Mikie
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Igt is very hard sometimes to get going and do the things you know need to get done. Also, once you get up and going you might as well do a few more things. Then when you crash, you crash !!!!!

I know the feeling of satisfaction when you do finally get a few things done. I hdte cleaning out the refrig. too but you gotta do it sometimes. I know that my freezer is also sometimes so full of stuff I do not know what is in there. Have to go check it before I go buy more stuff and then find out you actually have stuff in there that you THOUGHT you needed.

Hope this is a good day for you and you are able to get going. BTW, I am still looking for my get up and go. It went someplace and I haven't been able to find it for years :)!!

I know it makes me feel good when I finally get off my butt and get a few things done that I really have needed to do for ages. With NO NRG and lots of pain I am the great procrastinator.

Hope you have a great day and wonderful weekend.

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Ha! Ha! I haven't had any get up 'n go for so long I wonder what it feels like to have some. I have crashed today. Boy did I need that nice long nap.

This morning, I made some of my organic whole wheat pancakes. Those are sooooo good. I'm tired of my bran buds. Still, I'll have to get back on them tomorrow to keep the flow going.

Hope you are having a great day.

Love, Mikie
  4. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Cleaning a fridge in one day is overdoing it, but some days we must keep doing regardless if we want to get stuff done, despite paying for it later.

How have you been? I've had major pc probs, but now I'm going to be online for a while... (crosses my fingers, legs, eyes, etc.)!

You should see all of the scientific experiments I get growing in my fridge! I guess that's what happens when there's no one else to eat left overs, nor any dog that acts like a garbage disposal.

Fight ;)
  5. Olderbutwiser

Olderbutwiser New Member

Hi Mikie,
    It was so nice to come back to Prohealth and find you right off the bat. Yes, you accomplished a major feat. I said yesterday that my fridge was going to walk away on me one day if i don't clean it, but I always fall into it when bending over to get something. I guess I need a little rolling chair so I can sit as much as possible in order to fully clean out the poor thing.

I just started shopping for needed items at a time. The bags have become so heavy and cumbersome that even my hubby has a hard time with his shoulders carrying the canned goods.

I was Holly2241 years ago when I was on the board. Fibro was the big culprit then. Since those long ago days other things have cropped up to keep me low but every day I wake up is a good day! Diabetes, sensory motor polyneuropathy, and osteo are the biggies now. Like I said, every day I wake up is a gift, especially if i'm feeling good.

I'm going to visit here every day and hope I meet up with some of the members I knew back in 2002. Our successes, failures and everyday coping skills. No whining for me, I know I've used my humor and faith to get me through the bad times. Now I concentrate on the good days.

Keep up the good work in the energy department. I haven't gotten there lately but think I'm just a tad lazy. I admit it.

Old but wiser
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Well, I'm exhaustenized, but I did it!

The voice of duty to me called.
    The baking soda's been installed.

I cleaned my fridge. What a treat.
    The food that's left is fit to eat.

7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Wow, more members returning; I love it.

Fight and Older, so glad to have you back. A lot has happpened in my life, besides cleaning my fridge :) I got to where I could work part time and did for about 2 1/2 years. Then, it seems that I was acquiring Sjogren's Syndrome. No deifinite diagnosis yet but a preliminary diaagnosis based on tests and symptoms. I also seem to have acquired interstitial cystitis but a light case (fingers crossed). The fatigue from the SS is the worst part. It's as bad as when my CFIDS/ME was triggered full blown.

Catch us up with what's going on with you and welcome back.

Rock, loved you poem. Yes, it's so nice to have the baking soda installed and no foul odors when I open the door nor in my ice cubes. The fridge was soooo bad that I had to do it all in one day. I had to shut off the fridge and freezer and clean both sides completely. I dropped the meat and cheese drawer and one corner broke off but it's still structurally strong. My ice crusher stopped working this year. The fridge is about ten years old so I'm not putting any money into it for those kinds of things. I can crush ice in my blender if I get a yen for a margarita :)

Tues., I waaaay overdid things by running errands and just about had an energy meltdown. A friend wanted me to walk over for a drink but I was already in my nightshirt. Hate to pass up a drink but sometimes, a girl just has to crash.

Love, Mikie