CLEANING SERVICE HOW MUCH DO THEY COST?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cinnveet, Mar 29, 2006.

1. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I was wondering if anyone uses a cleaning service?

I was thinking about hiring someone to come to my house and clean as I dont have energy or time to do it. Working full time leaves me exhausted on the weekends.

I would like to know approx. how much do they cost and what type of work do they do for the money?

I am willing to give up some things so hopefully I can afford a cleaning person.

And if I can afford one, what do I need to watch out for before I hire one.

Thanks,
    Cindy
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

TOO MUCH for me!!! LOL

I think they cost around $12-$15 an hour.

I had someone come and clean my house last year before I had a big Easter dinner. The lady brought her teenage daughter with her to help her and they charged me $100 for 8 hours work.

I think there are quite a few on the board who have weekly or bi-weekly cleaning help--I'm sure they will be around to tell you more about their charges and what they do.

Hugs,
    Janet
  3. ginnytex

ginnytex New Member

I have one that comes every two weeks, takes her about 6 hours to clean for 60.00. She does dusting, laundry ( towels & sheets) windows, vacumns and mops and anything else left that can keep her busy for the 6 hours. (i promise her 6 hours worth of work) She is a jewell, prices will vary as to where you are. I am in Lubbock Texas
  4. SilverJ

SilverJ New Member

I have a cleaning service come in every other week. There is just my husband and myself and a 8 room 11/2 bath ranch style house. There is a team of 3 gals. They scrub kitchen, both bathrooms, front forier and back hall on hands and knees. Do an exceptional job in kitchen and baths. All this in 1 hour for 40.00. Of course, my house does not get really messed up with just the two of us.My husband and I try to do some heavy cleaning once a year.We try to do about half the house one year and the other half the next. We are 73 and 79 and it is getting to be a lot more difficult. Also have a large landscaped lot with lots of shrubery to be trimmed. Don't know about that this year. My PA and Fibro are progressing and I now have tendonitis in my shoulder. I too felt no body be me could clean my home but you know what ! I would never want to loose my cleaning gals, not ever !!

Hugs to you
    Joanne
  5. jake123

jake123 New Member

I've had the Merry Maids before. I think it cost $100 the first time and $70 a week after that.
    I then found a friend who was going to college to get her teaching certificate and she did the house every week for only $50 - that was great.
    I'm not too great at it. I'm slow but I do a complete job.
    Oh, about the Merry Maids, one of them used my hairbrush, I could tell because my hair is blond and there was this long black hair in my brush. That ticked me off and I called their office.
  6. sues1

sues1 New Member

You can find someone as cheap as %8.00 an hr. in NW Ohio.....$10.00 or more is more reasonable. A lot can be done in two or three hrs.

Ask around.....lots of ladies do it for pin money and do a good job.....scrubs floors on hands and knees...windows, helps with doing up curtains.......even flips my mattress.
    Cleans inside of microwave and such..

By getting references you get a better chance of getting a honest hardworking person.

Feels funny at first, but it becomes addicting......LOL....
  7. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I have a housekeeper and she is $40.00 a week and worth every penny and than some:)She changes my bed, mops floors, vacumes, dusts, cleans the kitchen, cleans bathroom and doesn't mind my animals. She has been cleaning homes for 20 years.
    Dee50
    [This Message was Edited on 03/29/2006]
  8. deb06

deb06 New Member

I just recently found a mother daughter team- 40 and 70 yrs old. They work together at 15 dollars an hour a piece. Expensive- but they get done in half the time.

We bought a new 3800 sq foot home 5 yrs ago and I have never been able to properly clean it. I have always wanted to do it when I could- just can't.

They came in last week and went through the whole house from top to bottom for the cost of 300 dollars. They got out so much dust that I am already feeling better. Filled several vacuum cleaner bags. And I am actually allergic to dust.

Now they will come in together for two hours every other week for the charge of $60 to keep it up for me.

This is what we treated ourselves to when I got my disability benefits.

I am so happy right now. They also understand that I might just be sitting sick in my chair and they will understand. They were a referral from a relative- perfect really.

Well worth the money. If I could clean this big house- I would actually be able to work- I can't do either.

Luv,Deb
  9. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Cindy:
    I am at $70 every two weeks. She and a partner do just about everything except laundry, which really is not a problem for me. For me, it is a bargain since the house is quite big. I am thinking of selling and moving into an over -50 adult community and downsizing, but I hate to give up the place I have lived in since I was 20.
    Good luck finding someone and make sure they are bonded.
    just my suggestion.

n.f.
  10. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

PS

When I say it is a 'bargain' for me, I do not mean money-wise. I mean flare-wise.
    n .f.
  11. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

Now to talk my husband into it.

Thanks again
    Cindy