Cleveland FCC Doc Quit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by place, Jun 22, 2006.

1. place

place New Member

I had my first appt on monday and they called to say that she quit very suddenly!

What is the story?
  2. place

place New Member

They said they could reroute me to Pitt or Detroit? Should I go?

I would rather see the doc that was at cleveland as I heard she was the best. I wonder if she will open a new clinic in Cleveland?

What is her full name?

Thanks
    Kim
  3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I'd be curious to know the answer to this too.. even tho. never attended FFC.

Chrs,
    Delia
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

That's surprising! I went there several times last year. She was very knowledgeable.

I hope that they will be able to keep the center open by hiring another doctor.
  5. place

place New Member

That they would be able to get a new doc by late Auguest. Maybe it was a blessing.

I am so close to OSU and there is a doc there that is really involved in research for Fibro. He is also on my insurance list.

I think I will just make an appointment with him. If he turns into a bust, then I will try the one in Pitt. It's only 3.3 hours from me and its a fun town!
  6. JolieLuLu

JolieLuLu New Member

Place-
    That doesnt sound good at all! Doc's just dont pick up and leave suddenly-it is really held against them in the medical community. For example-My hub who is an OB/GYN must give at least a 6 month notice......

I am venturing to my second appt on thursday of next week. I still have many mixed emotions. I suspect it is fueled by my complete vulnerability and hopes of becoming well.

Talk soon
    jolie
  7. intensemom

intensemom New Member

Please post about your impressions of the FFC(after your appt.). I am curious to see how you feel about it

Good luck with your appt.! I'm going to my fourth on Monday!

Tracy
  8. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Remember, this occurred in Houston, as well.

I SAW THE DOC AND SHE PRESCRIBED A MED FOR TENDONITIS, AND WHEN I CALLED BACK TO GET AN APPOINTMENT LESS THAN TWO WEEKS LATER, BECAUSE OF PROBLEMS WITH THE MED, SHE WAS GONE, GONE, GONE.

They said she gave a month's notice - IF SHE HAD, THEN I SHOULD HAVE BEEN TOLD WHEN I SAW HER, AND WASN'T.

I told them in no uncertain terms, THAT THIS WAS ABANDONMENT, AND I WAS CALLING THE BOARD. IT DOES NOT PAY TO MESS WITH A FORMER ADVANCED NURSE PRACTITIONER AND CERTIFIED REGISTERED NURSE ANESTHETIST, who taught medic0-legal and stuff.

When I spoke with them, they said that the doc and the PRACTICE had to give at least 30 days notice to ALL CURRENT PATIENTS, unless there was a sudden ILLNESS, ETC.

When I said Board, they paniced and the District Manager had called me within an hour. She said she could get me in with a doctor in a month, from San Antonio. This was right before Christmas, all my other docs were booked with everyone trying to get everything in before the end of the year, and they said in six weeks. I TOLD THEM TO SHOVE IT.

Then, a couple of months later, they closed all together.

THERE IS SOMETHING VERY SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH THIS ORGANIZATION, IT SOUNDS LIKE ENRON, TO ME.
  9. oesmom

oesmom New Member

I was a patient in Houston also. I was never told anything about the doc leaving, just showed up one day and there was another doc... didn't get a letter about it until several weeks later. I have no doubt that they have helped several people, but not me..just helped me lose $$$. I think I've posted before that a couple of my other docs were not happy with some of the meds they put me on. FYI...I had Humana insurance at the time and they would not pay for the $300+ RNase blood test.
  10. snooker11

snooker11 New Member

beware of the FFC. They charge top dollar, and the tests and diagnosis they give are all a scam. don't go there.
  11. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

I'm sorry for those of you who have had such a negative experience at FFC. My experience has been just the opposite.

My doctor is knowledgeable and caring, the staff is helpful and respectful. The labs are mostly done through Quest Diagnositics and have uncovered many previously missed underlying infections and other problems. They have been covered by Medicare.

Their hourly and half-hourly rates are no more than other doctors charge, and what I've gotten out of the time is more than what I pay for, and often longer than the exact minutes actually charged for.

Their multi-system, integrated approach can be costly, esp. because supplements and IV therapies are not usually covered through insurance. Therefore, I discuss w/my Dr. what are the essential supplements needed, and purchase them for cheaper online. I've tried some IVs, but they are optional, and never pushed on me.

The FFC has literally saved my life. I went from Dr. to Dr., like many of us here, for over 5 years. Although they meant well, I continued to decline in health. Then, finally, I got diagnosed with late stage Lyme Disease by the FFC Dr. No other doctor had ever considered this, discussed it with me, or tested me for it.

It is a serious illness, difficult to diagnose, and difficult to treat in it's late stages. It has affected all aspects of my life. Now I have a chance to fight it, recover, heal, and become well, because my FFC Dr. persisted, and found the cause.

Best wishes to all,
    Hopeful4

12. jbgoth

jbgoth New Member

I have my first appointment with the FFC in Atlanta next week. Im flying from Miami.

Now, im very worried if i should go or not.

It seems either people love the FFC or hate it.

Thoughts?

Jordan
  13. zoemurr

zoemurr New Member

and she told me that she excepted another position, also in Ohio. She gave me the info for her new office so I could continue to see her. I didn't ask why, so I don't know that part. If anyone would like the address/phone # please e-mail me. I don't think I should post it. I have just started treating my infections and would really like to follow up with her.

I was told they were looking for a replacement. I like her very much, and hope nothing underhanded is going on. I didn't get that impression at all. She is going to be dealing with the same types of patients.

As for the price, yes, they are the same as all Drs. (I was told that my regular Dr. is $50 for 10min. and that is if he only talks to me.) It's just that the FFC doesn't take ins. That's because ins. wouldn't tolerate them spending 1hr. per patient. It's the blood tests that are a fortune, and I'm sure they don't get $ from that. I was given recommendations for supplements also, but not at all pressured to buy. I felt a change in my fog almost immediately, and am hoping to see more improvement now that I found out what we are dealing with.

Her full name is Felicitas Juguilon

HTH
    -Sherry [email address removed as per rules]
  14. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

Hi snooker,

Could you back up your claims about the FFC? How specifically are they scam artists?

And TXfmmom, how does your story have anything to do with the treatment?

Thanks
    [This Message was Edited on 06/23/2006]
  15. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Any doctor can help some people and some others.

I didn't come up with any of the viruses or bacteria like other people. So the FFC has not been helpful. I'm going to try another office after a year though. Maybe I just have something that's hidden or undiscovered.

It's nice to know that I don't have those things though.

I'm hoping Detroit will be more responsive, more helpful. I asked Dr. J for Nexavir, put me on a runaround. Then I needed something to help me sleep, she saw the sleep test results, took me 6 hours to fall asleep, woke up 13 times after that. She gave me something for restless legs (which I have 5 times a month only) gave me migranes, asked for something else got pain medicine. I told them pain medicine won't help me fall asleep. They said oh, we'll have her look at your results again. I"m like I CAN"T SLEEP!!! Nothing!

She couldn't believe that I was allergic to thryroid medicine, told me 5 times I couldn't be. Told me I couldn't have problems with Vit C with Interstitial Cystitis, wanted to tell her to look online, very bad!

So like some people, she wasn't for me.
  16. place

place New Member

I see my rheumy on Tuesday. This is our first apt after I was dx. Now that I have some background knowledge I can see how flexible or what his typical treatment is.

I Think I will track down Dr J and get her thooughts and treament. Hey and maybe she will take my insurance!

I am going to hold off on FFC as a last resort.

17. place

place New Member

I made my appointment in April ish for June 26th. I wanted to give me plenty of time to make sure my current treatment would not work first.

They called my yesterday, telling that we needed to reschedule the apt due to the doc quitting all of a sudden. They wanted to schedule me to Pitt or Detroit and said they would compensate me for my time.

I know when a good doc quits it because something is not right (One of my great docs, quit one practice and took the nurse with her). I just wanted to get off the phone.

They were really interested in keeping my business. They also said that they wouldn’t get a new doc till late August.

18. wishingonastar

wishingonastar New Member

Hi Everyone,

Yes, Dr. Juguilon has left the Cleveland FFC. She is going to start her own private practice on Rockside Road in Cleveland, on July 17th. She did provide a one month notice last week but was asked to leave on Wednesday. Although it is customary for a company to ask an employee to leave if they are in a sensitive position, it is not customary to leave your patients without care.

I was called by the Cleveland FFC and told that the doctor in Pittsburgh would be able to consult with me over the phone if I had any health care needs and a reduced rate would apply. This does not inspire confidence in me. I feel the care will be inadequate/absent at least until mid-September. It will take time to hire a replacement doctor and then that doctor will be required to be trained in the FFC protocol.

Dr. Juguilon helped many people, but created her own protocol. By starting her own company, she will be able to stucture the care according to an individuals needs. Dr. Juguilon has provided me with excellent care. If you are familiar with my posts, you know that I went through the renowned Cleveland Clinic System only to be told that there was nothing wrong with me....that I was simply depressed. I was shuffled from doctor to doctor with the same outcome....we can find nothing wrong with you. After six months of this, I found Dr. Juguilon and she said she knew what was wrong and she could work with me. I have been treated for EBV, which the Cleveland Clinic System tested me for and said the results were negative. I have my life back now, because of her work. She has been available and responsive to all of my calls, my questions and my concerns. She saved my life.

Dr. Juguilon's nurse has also left the FFC to work with her. I know that the problem lies in the FFC organization and its leadership. You should question the motives of this organization. Upon her resignation, Dr. Juguilon was offered 2 other higher level positions within the FFC. When she turned them both down, they told her to leave, thus leaving all of us that go there without the continuity of care that we deserve.

If you've been happy with Dr. Juguilon, I encourage you to seek her out in her new office. I know that I will.

Best of luck to all of you.

Wishingonastar
  19. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Since I have been challenged on this, I'll tell you.

First of all, I was told that I could benefit from the myriad of IV's which the FFC administers.

I asked what was in the IV's. I do have a lot of allergies, and frankly, I wouldn't take anything without knowing what was in it. That is not a smart move by anyone, but a former medical professional, as am I, would never, ever do that. If one reacted later, how could we tell the people caring for us what we had taken?

They wouldn't say what was in the IV's, claiming it was "proprietary," and I told them they didn't have to give me the amounts, percentages, etc. which would make it their own little "proprietary" brew, but I did want to know which vitamins, minerals, or preparations were in them before I would take them. THEY GOT NASTY. I MEAN NASTY.

NO LEGITIMATE MEDICAL FACILITY SHOULD EVER EXPECT SOMEONE TO TAKE A MEDICATION OR A PREPARATION OR ANYTHING WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT IT IS. IT IS UNETHICAL. THE BOARD OF MEDICINE FOR DOCTORS FOR TEXAS, VERIFIED THAT FOR ME.

Okay, they are doing unethical things, for me, that means it taints everything for me. They handed this huge bag of supplements at me, at the checkout, and the doctor had not discussed them with me, at all, not as to why I needed them, what they would achieve or do for me, and what interactions they might cause or were they capable of interactions with other prescription or non-prescription medications.

I was trying to read the ingredients on one of these things, when the receptionist became upset and asked me if I intended to read every bottle, and I said, yes, yes, I did intend to read every bottle, so I could ask the questions which needed to be asked, and answered before I put the stuff in my body, or paid for it. THAT IS NOT SOMETHING WHICH SHOULD OCCUR.

I wouldn't do that with any doctor - don't give me prescription or non-prescription medication or additives and expect me to blindly take them. I couldn't believe it when I was practicing and people would bring in bags of meds and things and give them to us and we would ask why they were taking something, and they couldnt' tell us.

That is unethical on the part of the docs, and stupid on the part of the patients.

Many of these herbal and other supplements can and do interact with many of the prescription meds we are on, and FFC, SINCE THEY ARE SELLING THEM, AND PUSHING THEM ON PATIENTS, WITHOUT EVEN TELLING THEM WHAT THEY INTEND TO ACHIEVE WITH THEM, SHOULD HAVE VERY CLEAR, DISTINCT, AND DETAILED INFORMATION AVAILABLE WITH EACH ONE AS TO WHETHER THEY CAN INTERACT WITH CERTAIN KINDS OF MEDICATIONS, WHAT KIND OF INTERACTION MAY OCCUR, AND WHETHER ONE SHOULD TAKE THEM AT BEDTIME, OR SHOULD TAKE THEM BEFORE OR AFTER TAKING MEDICATIONS, OR IF THEY MIGHT INTERFERE WITH THE UPTAKE OF MEDICATIONS, ETC.

They should also clearly have the information about whether the supplements can create bleeding problems, liver problems, should be avoided in certain situations, such as if one is going to be exposed to sunlight.

Some supplements, even as benign as fish oil have to be omitted prior to surgery, but with this myriad they were slamming into my face, GOD ONLY KNEW WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN, AND SOMETIMES IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND THE INFORMATION, believe me, and then add the interaction of the separate things, and you are asking for trouble.

I just expected to see anyone, WHICH IS A PHYSICIAN RUN AND OWNED SITUATION, have the information available, and I also expect them to discuss why they want me to take it, what they hope to achieve with it, problems it might cause with other medications, and whether there was a chance for problems from taking all that stuff.

I later learned that ONE OF THE THINGS THEY WANTED TO TAKE WAS CONTRAINDICATED FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE HAD MELANOMAS, AND I HAD ONE AND IT WAS CLEARLY ON MY RECORDS. I HAD, FORTUNATELY, NOT TAKEN IT. I CHECKED WITH M. D. ANDERSON BEFORE TAKING IT AND THEY WENT BALLISTIC THAT ANYONE WOULD PRESCRIBE A PRECURSOR OF THIS TYPE FOR ANYONE WHO HAD BEEN TREATED FOR A MELANOMA.

That, is why I think the place was a bit of a scam place. I want my doctor to advise and prescribe, and the IV's are even okay, BUT THEY HAVE TO BE WILLING TO TELL YOU WHAT THEY ARE PUTTING IN YOUR BODY. IF THEY ARNE'T, THEN THAT IS UNETHICAL. CALL IT PROPRIETARY, BUT THEY HAVE TO ALERT YOU TO THE BASIC COMPOSITION IN IT. WOULD YOU LET SOMEONE GIVE YOU CHEMO, AND SAY, I CAN'T TELL YOU WHAT IT IS, BECAUSE IT IS PROPRIETARY?

It made me uncomfortable from day one when they pushed all these additives and supplements at me, without discussing it with me, and without having the information on interactions, when it should be taken to prevent absorption problems for it or other meds, etc.

Then, when the doctor just disappeared, without warning me or alerting me to it, and I was having a problem with something prescribed by her and the center, and THEY DIDN'T HAVE A PHYSICIAN TO ASSIST ME, THAT WAS BEYOND EVERYTHING FOR ME. If they didn't have a doctor, then they should have had one to take the calls and assist with those kinds of things. TEXAS LAW REQUIRES THAT ANY PHYSICIAN OR GROUP NOTIFY ALL PATIENTS, THIRTY DAYS BEFORE, THAT THEIR PRACTICE IS CEASING, IN ORDER FOR THEIR PATIENTS TO BE ABLE TO LOCATE A TREATING PHYSICIAN, TO ATTAIN THEIR RECORDS, AND MAKE A DECISION ON THE MATTER.

I had been in for a follow-up and received the medication, a day less than two weeks before, and NO ONE, INCLUDING THE PHYSICIAN SAID ANYTHING TO ME, NOTHING, GAVE ME A NEW PRESCRIPTION AND DISAPPEARED. YOU MAY THINK THAT MY suspicions are unwarranted, but I don't find them to be so, and the things which I have mentioned are clearly and succinctly identifiable as being unwise practice.

Why respect or have faith in a practice or an individual who is involved in situations as such?

20. intensemom

intensemom New Member

HI! I do not want to sound like I'm trying to defend the FFC; but my experience with them has been good!

My first two appts. were with Dr. Sidhwa(Detroit); then he left. He did not leave suddenly and they sent out a letter.

Now we have Dr. Mustafa. I've had one appt. with her.

Both of these doctors; their nurses and office staff have been awesome. I can call anytime with any question! They always call back ASAP. The doctor's, themselves, have even called me back...and it wasn't considered an office visit! They explained things to me sooo...well! sometimes I wanted to say "yes, I already know that!"

While I understand everyone's concern; I ask that you keep an open mind. Every doctor is different and every patient is different. It's been pretty clear to me that all patients are treated based on their individual diagnosis and based on the physician's skill/knowledge! Please judge them(the drs. individually).

And they can't possibly fake Quest Laboratory bloodwork results! I have had my blood drawn at a local Quest lab...not even in their office. The bloodwork is even sent to me!

Anyway, I'm not starting any controversy here; just wanted to ask everyone to keep an open mind!

Love,
    Tracy