Cleveland FFC - August Postings

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wishingonastar, Aug 5, 2005.

1. wishingonastar

wishingonastar New Member

Hi Everyone!

I got my EBV and systemic yeast infection 6 month results back and they are both still positive. On the one hand, I'm grateful because there's still room for improvement!

But I'm frustrated with the battle with the systemic yeast infection! I'm taking diflucan, uva ursi, a candida supplment with oregeno oil, and a probiotic. Dr. Juguilon has now recommended a low alkaline diet which looks incredibly hard to do!

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to battle the yeast infection on a different front?

On the other hand, I am feeling better all the time and am so much improved from a year ago when I hit the proverbial "brick wall"! I'm blessed with such progress but I want more!

SusEQ: I wonder how you managed your yeast infection? Is yours gone now?

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions on yeast! I will greatly appreciate it!

All my best,

Patsy

2. Defibro

Defibro New Member

What do you have to be on for the alkaline diet? That must be difficult to follow..!

I think Bananas are more alkaline than acidic, what else?

Thanks, and Good luck..

Adele
  3. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

wishingonastar, I sure hope someone comes along with some good advise also. My poor daughter has been battling it for several months now and her tongue still is a yellowish/white. She's currently on Diflucan and Yeast Cleanse by Solvay but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

The last time she was able to get it to go away for a bit with a liquid form of Nystatin that you could swirl in your mouth along with yogurt and a probiotic called Florastor that acts on yeast.

We are unsure how to proceed next. Hoping someone has some advise and best wishes..........foxglove
  4. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I too seem to struggle with yeast. I'm on Diflucan and don't eat sweets, carbs., etc.

Its been a couple of months so I too keep wondering when its going to get better.

Sandy
  5. wishingonastar

wishingonastar New Member

Thank you all for your ideas!

I have been on diflucan and a probiotic for six months, uva ursi for 2 months, candida herb mix pill for 1 month and cut out most of my sugar intake for 3 months...while my count is lowering, it's still problematic.

The low alkaline diet seems a bit different from the anti-yeast diet (suggested by Dr. Crook). The low alkaline diet lets you eat some fruits (banana, strawberry, blueberry, etc) and some veggies (like cucumber), and protein (like eggs). It seems to suggest (if I interpret it properly) that moderate and high acidic foods are also not recommended (like processed meats, "new" cheeses, sugars, some grains, tomatoes, etc.

The anti-yeast diet says "no fruits the first 3 weeks" and discourages certain veggies like corn and peas.

I still don't have my arms around the whole thing yet so if someone else has figured it out, I'd love to hear a "down and dirty" version.

Thanks much!

Patsy