Cleveland FFC: done with Candida tx, next is blood test

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hopeful4, Sep 9, 2005.

1. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Thank G-d today I'm done with taking Flucanazole for Candida...at least for now. I missed most of this beautiful summer herxing with miserable flu-like symptoms. I just turned the corner on feeling better about a week ago. Sure am hoping the blood test is clear of candida.

At my last phone appointment with Dr. J at FFC in Cleveland on Aug. 31, she also adjusted my T3 meds. 50 mcg is too high, 25 is too low, so we're going to try 37.5 for awhile.

I've also stopped testosterone cream and cortisol. I experienced a lot of irritability, anxiety, and just did not feel at all like myself, therefore stopping these and lowering the T3.

Now I feel like my summer is just beginning! Yesterday went to our beautiful farmer's market, ate lunch, listened to music and basked in the early fall sun.

Enjoy your day,
    Hopeful4

2. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Happy your summer is just beginning. Better late then never!

I also go to the FFC and was tested for candida last week and retested for other things. I've been on dyflucan for 3 months now.

Glad you made it to the farmers market and out for lunch. Nice to do normal things again.

Cindy

3. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Hi Willis,
    How are you? You say you're not feeling better, so what's going on? Sounds like you're treating candida. How is that progressing?

Also you're on thyroid meds...how long have you been on thyroid medication? Have you only used Armour? I'm no expert in this area, it's really quite new to me. Does your book have some suggestions that you are inclined to try? What's up with the depression?

The good thing is that your cholesterol is down...how did you work on that?

I do not know the exact name of the thyroid tests done, but I can tell you the results.

TSH - 2.11; (reference range 0.40-5.50)

T4, Free - 1.1; (reference range 0.8-1.8)

T3, Free - 239; (reference range 230-420)

and although you didn't ask:
    T3, Reverse - 282; (reference range 90-350)

So, you can see that all my scores are within range. However the T3 Free, is low, and for people like us, considered not normal. I am using the compounded, time-release T3. The jury is still out.

Thanks for your encouragement. I hope you're doing better soon.
    Hopeful4

4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

how is your treatment going for the candida? Will you get the results soon? How are you feeling, any different?

Are you also on thyroid medications?

Looking forward to hearing more about your progress.

Best wishes,
    Hopeful4
  5. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I've been on the 37.5 mcg T3 compound as my Reverse T3 was 501!! I broke a record at the clinic. Should be lower then 120
    My Free T3 was 300 so a little low.

The hormones I'm taking are T3, DHEA, estrogen, progesterone and soon starting pregnenolone (ordered online).

Last night I went to bed at 10:30 and slept sound until 7:30 a.m. I take Trazadone at night.

I'm also on antibiotics and a long list of other things.

I'm definitely starting to feel better. Will be talking to Dr. Labair on Sept 22 will update.