Clevelanders I need a doctor/patient advocate

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IndianPrincess, Jul 9, 2006.

1. IndianPrincess

IndianPrincess New Member

Hi!
    I can't afford FFC. Am on Medicaid. Can't get down to Dr. Pellegrino (symptoms more than just Fibro).

I am waiting on SSDI and to go before an administrative law judge. I need a doctor who gets it regarding Fibro, CFIDS, Sleep disorders who will support my SS claim.

Any recommendations? Has anyone seen either Dr. Calabrese or Dr. Wilke at Cleveland Clinic?

Help appreciated.

Thanks!
    Cindy
  2. IndianPrincess

3. twitcher

twitcher New Member

He was nice but I was not impressed. He diagnosed me with fibro but never checked me for the tender points. He prescribed Doxepin for sleep. He did ask me a lot of questions though. I don't know if he based his diagnosis on my responses or what. If I see anyone else it will be Dr. Pellegrino.
  4. IndianPrincess

Thanks for responding.

About Dr. Wilke...a former supervisor of mine (when I worked) had a male friend with very severe CFS who went to Dr. Wilke. She said the friend told her that Dr. Wilke would not support him on his Social Security Disability claim. Marcia said this guy was worn out just from walking from room to room. Wilke diagnosed him.

I adore Pellegrino and his staff. I hope you have his books. He will work with you, find out what your mindset is regarding drugs, educate you on various therapies and has suppliments at his office at his cost. But remember he is a physiatrist and they do no bloodwork at his office however he can write a script for you to take elsewhere.

I needed PT for an ankle and foot problem. Dr. Djuric (an associate and also a sweetie) did the injections (prolotherapy) and so that I didn't have to travel to North Canton twice a week from Berea, Dr. Djuric arranged for me to go to Metro (at his suggestion).
    I'm in East Cleveland...where are you? I can suggest a fantastic massotherapist in North Royalton (very reasonable too!!!) if you need one.

Thanks again!
    Cindy

5. IndianPrincess

Hi! Thank you so very much for responding. Getting to Akron to see your doctor is dependent on where he is and if it is on a bus line.

If I can't get down to see him the referral is much appreciated because my best friend lives outside Akron in Wadsworth and she and two of here three sisters also have Fibro. All need support from a competent doctor.

She has horrible allergies too!

I will definitely check him out.

Cindy
  6. IndianPrincess

Thank you for the insight on Dr. Calabrese.

I do need a doctor who is good at documentation.

For ten years I was seeing Dr. Taras Mahlay at Southwest Internal Medicine in Middleburg Heights. My file looked like a 3rd grader wrote it. No medical terminology, no full in depth description as to how it truely felt. He witnessed tremors, problems with speech and other cognitive problems and none is in my chart.

This concerned me once I saw my file so I wrote a descriptive narrative diary while I was experiencing problems.

In the letter to my then attorney he wrote that I was too articulate and there was absolutely nothing wrong with me despite documentation in records of him taking me out of work, referring me to mental health, etc.

I'll also check out Dr. Calabrese.

Thanks!
    Cindy
  7. IndianPrincess

Thanks for your imput on Dr. Wilke.

I went to the clinic about ten years ago for a lecture on FM/CFIDS and Dr. Wilke spoke.

I had one appointment with him and you are correct. He is nice, knowledgeable but definitely very arrogant!

Cindy
    [This Message was Edited on 07/10/2006]
  8. twitcher

twitcher New Member

Most doctors at Cleveland Clinic are arrogant from my experience. I saw a neuro there and he was the worst of all. Dr. Wilke was at least nice. I still don't know how he could diagnose me with fibro without checking for the tender points.

I have one more appt. at CCF at the Mellen center next month. I have so many neuro symptoms yet all my tests are negative for MS. I want a final opinion from a neuroimmunologist. If he says fibro then I'm going to see Dr. Pellegrino. He's an hour from me. My sister lives in N. Canton as well.

I live near Medina.