Clindamycin for Infection

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Nov 3, 2008.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

I know this is off topic but wasn't sure where to post.

My ENT gave me Clindamycin for another Sinus Infection and after reading about the side effects I wanted to ask if anyone has taken this medicine and did ok on it.

Sorry, but guess I will never get over being med phobic.

Thanks and God Bless,
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Hi Gran,
    have you tried colloidal silver in a neti Pot?? a week or so ago i was on my way to a sinus / upper respiratory infection, i did the neti pot with the saline & colloidal silver. after 3 or 4 days i was all clear. i used it a couple more days just to be on the safe side and took mucinex.
    i dont blame you a bit about the med thing, im the same way!!! if i read all the side effects thats all she wrote, I wont take it.i made the mistake of reading the zoloft insert......... it's still in the med cabinet,lol.
  3. greatgran

greatgran Member

I took this medicine a few years back for three days before a route canal
    and did ok. So went ahead and started it but after the second day I stopped. Not sure if the symptoms were real or mental but I got nauseated and would you believe my depression and anxiety went thru the roof. After I stopped the meds , about the second day I started feeling better.

I went back to the ENT yesterday and he said I was 90% better and not worry about the antibiotics to stick with the nasal wash and saline spray. So going to do this daily.

Kat, haha, my zoloft is still in the cabinet also, and do I ever need it as
    my depression and anxiety needs help.

Thank for your replies,
  4. Cinderbug

Cinderbug New Member

In many countries Probiotics are always given with Clindamycin.

C-dif is an intestinal infection that I aquired while taking this antibiotic...but I was in a hospital whhich made me more prone to it.

I always recommend that probiotics or at very least active culture yogurt be taken with this medicine.

Good Luck,