clinical difference betweeb FM and CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ayhatch, Feb 7, 2007.

1. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

I watched the new TV commercial for CFS. It looked like me!
    However, I have Fibro.
    So, Could someone please point towards a good clear lay person description of the diFferences between CFS and FM?
    One that I could send friends and family. they hear more about CFS and know about being tired, but there is more involved with Fibro.
    Thanks!
  2. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

I have seen and used this letter, but I really am looking for the symptomatic differences between the two, not what we feel like.
    Thank you though!
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

ayhatch:

My understanding is that you get more infections of all diffent kinds with CFS as opposed to FM.

nyrofan
  4. tngirl

tngirl New Member

With Fibro--pain is the dominant problem, although you may also have fatigue.

That may be oversimplifiying it, I know FMS and CFS share some common symptoms.
  5. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

CFS, MFS. We are all in a battle with our bodies. While they are differences & yes I believe some overlap we are in this fight together. I had tried to point that out the other day in a post, but it seemed to make quite a few people agitated with me which I still do not quite understand.

Differences, yes, but simularities yes. We are all fighting a disease that nobody really sees.

your friend,
    fun