clinical difference betweeb FM and CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ayhatch, Feb 7, 2007.

1. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

I watched the new TV commercial for CFS. It looked like me!
    However, I have Fibro.
    So, Could someone please point towards a good clear lay person description of the diFferences between CFS and FM?
    One that I could send friends and family. they hear more about CFS and know about being tired, but there is more involved with Fibro.
  2. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

I have seen and used this letter, but I really am looking for the symptomatic differences between the two, not what we feel like.
    Thank you though!
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

My understanding is that you get more infections of all diffent kinds with CFS as opposed to FM.

4. tngirl

tngirl New Member

With Fibro--pain is the dominant problem, although you may also have fatigue.

That may be oversimplifiying it, I know FMS and CFS share some common symptoms.
  5. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

CFS, MFS. We are all in a battle with our bodies. While they are differences & yes I believe some overlap we are in this fight together. I had tried to point that out the other day in a post, but it seemed to make quite a few people agitated with me which I still do not quite understand.

Differences, yes, but simularities yes. We are all fighting a disease that nobody really sees.

your friend,

[ advertisement ]