Clinical studybeneficial or waste of time?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wld285, Mar 28, 2007.

1. wld285

wld285 New Member

Hi everyone,
    I checked into the clinical study mentioned in one of the posts I just read today.

I am willing to do anything that could improve my quality of life.

Does anyone know anything about this study, or these clinical studies in general. Could it benefit me, or just another "to do" thing on my list for a few months.

It would be about 31/2 hr. drive for me, about the same as my trips to FFC in Philadelphia.

Input, PLEASE? Thanks everyone.
    Linda
  2. wld285

wld285 New Member

3. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Just remember, you could be a placebo participant, so you would have nothing for months.

Or, they won't let you use other meds so they can see what the clinical study does.

sO, if it's a medical trial, ask questions.
  4. wld285

wld285 New Member

some things I didn't even think of. I planned to ask alot of questions, but because I have CFS I just would assume I wouldn't be one for the placebo. Actually, I don't think it even involves meds.
    Linda
  5. Lichu3

Lichu3 New Member

I don't know which trial you are looking into and 3.5 hours seems a distance to drive. If you ask the study directors directly, they can usually tell you what benefit there may be (e.g. free testing you wouldn't be able to get elsewhere, etc.). If you were closer and the risks of the study minimal, I would say it's really important to participate in research as there is no other systematic way to find a specific treatment for these diseases.
  6. nightngale

nightngale New Member

I think I saw a minsomething mentioned but it wouldnt do anything on the page I got to, it was just a page with that word. I think you are allowed to post that stuff, unless you are selling things your'e not. They did not take that post off. Anyone?
  7. wld285

wld285 New Member

The post is on the first page....Study volunteers wanted. It took me a coule of times to get the sight, it's very easy to make a mistake in the address when it's that long.

I e-mailed them yesterday, but haven't called yet with questions. Wanted to see what other people thought.
    Linda