Clinical trial with Neurontin - should I participate?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by OgllallaWin, Sep 6, 2003.

1. OgllallaWin

OgllallaWin New Member

Hi,

I heard of a clinical trial of Neurontin for the treatment of Fibromyalgia going on in my state so I called and was interviewed. They said I passed the interview and should call back if I want to be part of it. A double-blind test. 14 weeks long. First week, full physical, second week start on either placebo or Neurontin. For 6 weeks the dosage ups then the second 6 weeks it is steady. The last week the dosage comes down and then the test is over.

I also research everything and from what I have read here, going off the dose so quickly could cause problems. I also don't want to gain any weight. I realize I might get the placebo, but I wonder if it's worth it.

My doc gave me trazadone when first diagnosed but I still woke up a lot, just felt like I weighed a thousand pounds. I don't take anything right now for pain except Ibuprofin for bursitis and tylenol night for sinus and I take antioxidants, Co Q-10, and ZMA.... Plus I take Synthroid every day for Hypothyroidism.

What do you all think.... should I take the chance and participate in the clinical trial or keep away from it.

Thanks for any help!

O-Win
  2. chickadee

chickadee New Member

I'd go for it. You just might luck up on something or somebody that/who would be a big help for you. Getting the placebo wouldn't hurt and who knows.......