Clinical Trials

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by annabella39, Aug 1, 2006.

1. annabella39

annabella39 New Member

Has anyone participated in a clinic study/trial regarding FMS? I have signed up for one that is suppose to be for a new pain medication for fibro. If you've done one, what was it like?
  2. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Had the opportunity yesterday but turned it down. Their research was on a new snri, not a ssri, but a snri. The nurse told me it was a new type of antidepressant. They said I would have to give up all my medication I was on to go thru this 9 month trial, but that the one exception would be tylenol. If needed, I could take some over the counter tylenol but absolutely could not go back to my meds. til research was over. How long is your trial?
  3. annabella39

annabella39 New Member

I'm meeting w/ the doctor next Wednesday because the nurse said I'd have to stop taking all my meds. Some of which would cause me to be very sick if I went cold turkey. I've been on Zoloft for 20 years and Loratabs for about 8 years. I have wanted to get off both so I am happy to have someone help me wein off them but surely the doctor realizes you can't just "quit". I know the trial is for a new pain medication for fm patients but that's all I know at this point.
  4. puddin827

puddin827 New Member

I start a new trial the 14th of this month and I can't wait ! I have no insurance so this hopefully will help with my pain. I was in another one 2 yrs. ago but the meds. didn't seem to help me,hopefully this one will.
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

annabella:

I just started an experimental project from the U of NC.

I got one questionaire (sp?), 4 CDs to use with a handook that goes along with it. I also has a book to read.

I love it when the questions say
    'arthris/fibromyalgia'

In fact, I got the phone number from someone of this board.
    Someone else calleld from the group and said they had to wait four months to start.

I can not write much today. Hands will not go on the right keys and please excuse that.

I am going to listen those CDs now and see what is what.

Will keep you posted.

nyrofan
  6. annabella39

annabella39 New Member

I too don't have insurance right now. I was laid off last year and I had to stop my cobra insurance last month because I couldn't afford it anymore. I am picking up a plan on my own that isn't so expensive - I really just want prescription coverage. I'm in Dallas and the trial is through Future Search. I'll let everyone know how it's goes.