Close call

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by greygodess, Aug 28, 2008.

1. greygodess

greygodess New Member

Earlier this summer I had posted about smelling a skunk around the house. Well tonight I had a close call. I decided to go out on the porch for a minute and lo and behold what comes waddling along from the side of the porch but a skunk. It was only about 4 feet away. It's a small one but I wasn't taking any chances. I got myself in the front door as fast as possible. We've been smelling him all summer and now I've seen the little stinker. They are kind of cute. Godbless

2. sisland

sisland New Member that you have spotted him how do you plan on getting rid of him??,,,,,,,LOLOL,,,,Maybe some folks here have ideas,,,,So glad you didn't get sprayed!!,,,,,,,,Sis
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2008]
  3. poets

poets Member

From a distance! We had a mother skunk and we saw her out one night with her babies waddling along behind her. They were adorable!!
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

We had one in our backyard recently; our shepherd got sprayed a little bit.

We took 1 qt of peroxide, doggie shampoo and 1qt of water and bathed her with it...voila! smell was gone.

They are cute, and if you have a deck they can get under, they love to have their babies there....