Cmybalta versus Wellbutrin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Surgeon, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Surgeon

Surgeon New Member

Hi everyone,

After taking amitriplyne and seroquel for 2 years, I recently was put on cymbalta--duloxetine, which is norepinephrine and serotonin inhibitor---. My conditon improved a lot , but I want to find out if it would be much better to switch to wellbutrin. Has anyone tried those 2 medications?? Cymbalta is normally prescribed for depression and peripheral neuropathic pain in diabetic patients. Through google search, I found many sites, mentioning that it is working for FM.
    Any input is highly appreciated.
  2. beachwalkerbill

beachwalkerbill New Member

Yes Surgeon, I have taken both if them. I actually don’t get along with SSRI’s real well> So the Wellbutrin XL 150mgh has done much better for me and at a low dose too.
  3. wanderingbluedragon

wanderingbluedragon New Member

I was on Wellbutrin for a long time, then became allergic to it. It did not do anything to help me with the CFS/FM pain. Cymbalta has given me improvement, I love it. I not only have physical problems but I have PTSD, Bipolar with dysphoria (not mania), anxiety problems, ADHD, etc. etc. Anyway, I have tried just about every antidepressant there is out there and I really like Cymbalta, way less side effects than Wellbutrin. My Dr. prescribed it for me because I was having a lot of chronic pain due to a shoulder injury, adhesion related disorders, migraines, etc. It definitely is helpful, won't take all the pain away, but it does help. Hope this is helpful.