CO Q 10

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MyLilSnooks, Oct 30, 2005.

1. MyLilSnooks

MyLilSnooks New Member

Has anyone taken CoEnzymeQ10? My rheum last week told me I need to take 150 mg daily for pain. Any side effects??? Any comments??? thank you !!! Carol
  2. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I was on normal level doses for about 3 months when I was first diagnosed with CFS. Had no effect - except on my wallet. However, I hope you find it helps you. Different things help different people
  3. dakotasweett

dakotasweett New Member

It is a vitamin-like substance that is present in all parts of the body, although the amount made by the body decreases with age, thus needs supplemented as we age (especially over age 50). Some food sources include: fish, beef, peanuts, and spinach. I've never heard of any side effects- but I am not an expert by any means. I have heard of people taking up to 300mg daily (and I know you can purchase up to 300mg at vitamin stores). I know quite a few people who take it for the benefits on the heart and circulatory system (including my mom)- but I don't know any who use it for fibro or chronic fatigue although the nutrition book I have does suggest it for those, it says "improves oxygenation of tissues and enhances effectiveness of immune system" in relation to fibro.

Don't know if that helps, but you could always try a search online to see if you can find any side effects.

-Vanessa
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I took 120 mg /day for quite a while and now have gone to 300 mg to see if it makes a difference. As far as I know it can help with energy at the cellular level but I have never heard of to being used for pain. I am seeing a bit of an improvement but I'm doing other things too so I'm not yet prepared to say that 300 mg. is the answer.
    It is expensive but we have good sales and I stock up.

Kathy.
  5. jerseybunny

jerseybunny New Member

i have been using for years for my bunnies. my amber has been on it for over 8 years. used to give it to me cat too.it givces great energy. never have been able to take enough for me to see effect. but. it does work great on them. so it must be helpful at the right dose.
    as for pain. i have never heard of it doing that. mostly for heart and circulation, energy...
    flaxseed oil is great fro joint pain..
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

but not for pain, for energy. It doesnt help with my pain but it does give me a bit more energy.

You cant rely on it as a pain killer though.

I take 120mg daily. No side effects.

I took it years ago and it helped me get back to work after a year off but the cost were really high (UK much more expensive).

I have started it again and I do feel a difference.

love
    Rosie