COACHING and feeling stupid

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by poodlegirl, Oct 2, 2002.

1. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

I was reading the posts again today and came across the one titled coaching. Since I have joined this group, I have been sucked into entertaining these people who say they have a cure or "join my study", "something free". I feel really stupid about the NONI juice after reading the postings of you guys who new it was a rip off just to get my money. I am normally very skeptical but every CON who has came on this board seems very genuine and I have let myself be pulled into believing, maybe they did find an answer. Thanks guys for those of you who watch out for us newbies and set us straight about the rip off artists.
  2. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

I was reading the posts again today and came across the one titled coaching. Since I have joined this group, I have been sucked into entertaining these people who say they have a cure or "join my study", "something free". I feel really stupid about the NONI juice after reading the postings of you guys who new it was a rip off just to get my money. I am normally very skeptical but every CON who has came on this board seems very genuine and I have let myself be pulled into believing, maybe they did find an answer. Thanks guys for those of you who watch out for us newbies and set us straight about the rip off artists.
  3. lilladybug

lilladybug New Member

Don't ever feel stupid! Just thank your lucky stars we have this board to go to! In this disease we all become attracted/desperate for "CURES" and "Miracles".....as Mikie can assure us all....the only one who can offer those is our higher power! Hopefully as medicine or docs or scientists or herbs or ????? gets better we will get some relief from this DD!

Keep reading and use the knowledge you gain about this illness, from this board to broaden your mind!
    And if ALL else fails....post and wait for a reply!!!

Someone will help out or have a solution!

Happy days and gentle hugs!!!

L.Ladybug
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2002]
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Don't ever feel like that. When we are new to all this stuff, we naturally investigate everything. Some of the treatments I use are considered worthless by others here, or, at least, of dubious value. We should all be skeptical while keeping an open mind. It's a tightrope we walk. I won't run right out and spend a lot of money until I'm satisfied that it could help me and won't hurt me.

Whenever someone come here claiming to have "the answer" or "the cure" or like the coach, admits to soliciting for clients, just let me or Shirl know, preferably both of us by e-mail or just post like Mel did. Another hint is someone who won't share what it is s/he has found but wants e-mail addresses to send info. You can bet there is a hidden agenda. Giving our one's e-mail address to someone new on the board you don't know is like inviting a stranger into your home. It's not a good idea til you know more about that person.

Shirl and I can't catch every snake oil salesman; we depend on our wonderful members to help.

For anyone who has missed it, you can e-mail us at:

Shirlshalom@aol.com - Shirl
    techsupport@prohealthinc.com - Mikie