Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CockatooMom, Jan 19, 2007.

1. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Hello my friends and family!

If you didn't know, I was unable to pass one of my nursing classes last semester. We have to have a 75% to pass, and I didn't quite make it...I didn't FAIL, I just didn't get high enough. Actually about 12% of the class didn't make it through, then the teacher resigned. You can draw your own conclusions as I have.

But, that's OK! I am at peace with this and feel that there is a reason.I feel repeating this class in the fall will help me become a better nurse.

Besides, I need a break from this stressful nursing program. I moved over the Christmas holiday into a wonderful little loft apartment in an old barn. It's beautiful and the rent is reasonable. It's all mine. No past memories with my ex husband, a new scenery, a new life.

I am taking Health Assessment and Developmental Psychology this semester, which I feel will help me in my nursing career. This allows me to have the time I need to take care of myself, get to the gym 6 days a week, continue my counseling, and decompress from the last year and a half of rigorus classes, and most important....get through this divorce.

I saw an attorney Dec. 28th, and we drafted an alimony and property settlement. I think my ex got it yesterday. He called me three times and finally left a message that he wanted me to call him. I sent him a text messgae back "Why?" and didn't hear anything else. I'm sure he is shocked.

Oh well, he's the one that left me for a chick he met in the bar. Sorry 'bout his luck.

So I am doing GREAT! Dating and meeting new people, spending time with my real friends and my mom & dad. I've even lost about 20 pounds! LOL!

Well, you all take care. And you know I welcome everyone's comments.

2. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

GOOD FOR YOU !!! I have friends that have gone thru similar experiences and they are the ones who ALWAYS come out better than the ex.

The things you are doing are so positive that you can't possibly fail. Keep that in mind as you go thru the next phase of challenges.

I love a success story and it really sounds like you are one of them.

3. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I think it is fantastic that you are moving forward with your life and doing something that you are really interested in. You have a great attitude and I am sure with positive thoughts and prayers you can get through this. Good luck with the remainder of your classes, great to get the update! Kim :)
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Reading through your post brought back some Memories of Myself along the way! You are Doing a Fantastic job Girl! Keep up on all the Positives!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Do you still have your Cockatoo? I Worked in Nursing for along time!,,,,,I Know you will Make a Fantastic nurse!,,,,,Sydney
  5. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Yes, of course...I still have my feathered friend. He's been very therapeutic is getting through this whole situation. He's only 8.5 years old, and they live to be 60-80 years.

6. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Thanks for the replies! I’ll keep you posted….
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

Glad to Hear you Still Have your Bird! I Thought you probably Did! I Need to get one of thoes if they live that long!,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm Tierd of losing Pets to I'llness,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,,S
  8. TKE

TKE New Member

What species of 'Too do you have?

I have 3 parrots....U2, CAG and B&G Macaw....oh can't let out my 4 Toy Poodles. Used to have 8, but 4 have passed over the years. I used to be a small "in house" breeder of Toy Poodles, before FMS got it's grip on me.

My B&G Macaw is a rescue & what a fantastic bird!!!!

9. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

He's an Umbrella. That's so cool you have a rescue bird. I love all birds, and most all animals. I bird-sat a B&G for 3 weeks. She and mine got into screaming contests! Ugh!

Hey thanks for sharing!
  10. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Sounds like you're doing great: new pad, new class, new chance with a better instructor in the fall, and new start romantically, perhaps. And lost 20 pounds too?

Good for you!

11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

sorry to hear about your is difficult to begin with, then to have our physical problems on top of that. not to mention going through a divorce and the pains that go along w/it, been there done that.

i am proud of you for keeping positive...remember we women come out of these divorces more emotionally stronger than men do out of a divorce.

you held your head up high when it was doubtful in your own mind...put have done it and you will be so far better off in your own life.

keepin on schoolin'

12. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I am really touched by all the replies. I have missed you all so much!! Thanks for the encourangement and continuing support.

You're going to laugh, but since hubby and I split, HALF my pain has been relieved....really....I didn't realize how much my marriage stress was causing me to flare!

I'm meeting a new guy today, for a date! We're going to lunch. Wish me luck!

I'll be in touch. Love you all!
  13. jrose

jrose New Member

Was thinking about you. Am glad to hear that you are doing well. Will be looking for you on chit-chat. My cockatiel-1 month short of 11 years-died about 7 weeks ago. I can't live without a bird but it's been too cold to get one. I don't have a car. Have to wait til someone can drive me or take a car service when it warms up. Take care. Judy