Coconut Oil Your results please if used????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IntuneJune, Apr 7, 2006.

1. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I was reading in another thread when Mary (mbovot ??? --sorry Mary, cannot remember) posted about coconut oil.

I did follow her research to another site.

It was very interesting and new to me.

So folks,

Testimonials please on your use of coconut oil.

Thanks, June
  2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Could you elaborate on your experience with coconut oil.

Also, there were so many other products listed on the site, have you used any of those?

What size container do you purchase? How long does it keep, where do you keep it?

OK, you must get the gist, here, I am clueless about coconut. My husband grew up in Panama, he used to eat fresh coconuts he picked!!!!

Thanks for your help Mary.
    Fondly, June
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Virgin coconut oil got rid of a candida infection I'd been fighting for several years. I started out taking 2 tablespoons a day, but started herxing within a day and had to cut back to one tablespoon a day. And after a week or so got back up to 2 tablespoons. It took about 10 or 11 days, but it worked very well.

Coconut oil has caprylic acid and lauric acid and something else which kills the candida.

I haven't taken it regularly for quite awhile, but am starting up again because someone else posted that it helped lower their cholesterol. Also, it helps some with energy and is suppoesd to help the thyroid and supposed to be good for your skin and many other things.

There's a good book called The Coconut Oil Miracle which has a lot of good information about coconut oil.

I haven't tried any of the other products on the Tropical Traditions website.

I buy it in the 16 oz. size. I just put it in my cupboard. It doesn't need to be refrigerated. Coconut oil melts at 76 degrees, so if it's warm where you are, it may be in liquid form and when it gets below 76, it hardens. The website says it lasts at least 2 years. Unlike most oils, it takes a very long time for it to go rancid so you don't have to worry about that.

Do a search on this board and you can read what other people have to say about it. I think it's a really good product.

Hope this helps --

Mary
  4. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Thank you Mary, I will search it here. Didn't think to do that because I have never seen it posted before.....

Thank you for your help, June
  5. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Mary, did find a lot of posts with folks experiences.

This board moves so fast, I can never keep up.

Thanks again, June