Coenzyme Q10 has given me lots more energy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ilovecats94, Jan 14, 2006.

1. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I have been on Pro Health's CoQ10 50 mg. sublingual now for many weeks and I am sleeping a lot less and have more energy. Keep in mind I have been on 80 mg. of Lipitor now for 9 years.

I read that anyone who takes a statin drug should be on CoQ10. I always wondered why I had to sleep until almost noon when I went to bed at 10 PM. Well this has really been the answer for me. No more evening naps, I get about 8 hours of sleep a night instead of 12 to 14.

I really urge those who are on statin drugs to try this med out. My friend said that her cardio advised her to take CoQ10 and she has had a heart attack prevously and is on a statin med.

Of course I'm still in pain from FMS, but at least I'm not sleeping my life away anymore. I'm so much happier and I recently ordered two more bottles. It's not cheap, but boy, is it worth it!

Hugs to all,
    Faye
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I wonder why more people don't try it? I just came upon the info about this about a month or so ago. I really thought it was just another of those things that wouldn't work for me, so I was so surprised that it did.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. nan2dance

nan2dance New Member

This is one of the few things I take that I know helps. Because when I stopped I noticed a big difference for the worse. With my FM/CFS I get chest pain with shortness of breath. The doctors have checked everything out and everything is "normal". Except that there are days when getting off the couch and walking into the kitchen leaves me panting and lightheaded. It comes with a heavy feeling in the chest.

Anyway, I take 30mg of CoQ10 3x day and it reduces these episodes dramatically.

I guess it's not necessarily a direct problem solver for me. If I stop taking it I get those problems back eventually. Whatever. My 2c.

~nan2dance
  4. jane32

jane32 New Member

I have low Blood pressure. Did you find that it lowered yours? I just don't want anything that is going to bring it down further. Although I am on a thyroid med that has definitely increased my heart rate. How long did it take to see results?
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Georgia,
    I only have one cat, Biscuit, who is 11 & 1/2 years old. She is inside only and a very sweet cat, but she is daddy's girl. She will only sit on my husband's lap. She only comes to me for a hug and a kiss. lol

How are your dogs doing? Pets are the greatest asset one can have. I love to pet Biscuit and give her a massage along her spine.

Nan2dance,
    I'm glad to hear the CoQ10 is helpful to you also. I surely wish I had of known about this and the positive effects a long time ago.

Jane,
    I don't have low BP, mine is normal. So I don't think it lowers BP. I am on a thyroid med also since I was 9 years old, Cytomel. I take 50 mcg. of that before bedtime. My endocrinologist has me down to a TSH of .5 something. He did tell me as one loses weight they may need less of their thyroid med.

I am so happy I don't need to sleep 12 to 14 hours a day and that I don't fall asleep in the evening and miss my shows anymore.

Hugs to all,
    Faye
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

1 x 120mg CoQ10 a couple of months ago and upped it to 2 a day a few weeks ago. I feel it's brought me out of a very bad relapse I was in and I'm starting to get more energy and feel much stronger.

I'm still in pain too but I'm so much brighter.

love
    Rosie
  7. nan2dance

nan2dance New Member

My blood pressure is "healthy", that is, low. My docs love it. I do not. When I was so much sicker it meant vertigo, lightheadedness, and even passing out. Now it just means I feel slow and labored in my chest. I don't know if, properly speaking, that is low blood pressure at work. But these symptoms are precisely what the CoQ10 has helped me with.

Way back when, I took the meds for hypothyroidism and that made a terrific change for the more extreme stuff I mentioned above. now my thyroid tests normal so I haven't taken meds for a long time. But I take my CoQ10 religiously. One of the few things i know helps for sure.
    But that's just me...

~nan2dance
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

but only for a while...

seems like most everything that helped always 'wore off'...

Hope it continues for you... you should be taking it anyway if you are taking statin drugs!

all the best,
    Victoria