Coffee and supplements

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Can they be taken at the same time or does coffee have adverse effects on supplements? If so, how long after drinking a cup of coffee can you take supplements?

I've searched Google but couldnt come up with anything.

Thanks

love
    Rosie
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I've a feeling I read somewhere (here?) that supplements dont work if taken with coffee. I just want to make sure as I have two cups each morning.

Thanks
    love
    Rosie
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I will look up caffeine effects.

love
    Rosie
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

and all I can find is a dietery supplement not to be taken with coffee.

Others just indicate 'not when pregnant' if it applies.

I'm thinking now that if coffee rendered them useless then surely it would say on the directions 'not to be taken with coffee'.

Dont know where I got that idea from.

love
    Rosie
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

As I was washing my supplements down with my morning cup of tea today I was wondering the same thing and was going to post this very question.

What a shame if all our morning vitamins are rendered useless by the caffeine! I have searched on Google and couldn't find anything much either.

I wonder if anyone else has an opinion.

Pepper
  6. sdown

sdown New Member

Doc told me to quit coffee. So I don't drink it anymore. It causes dehydration which is very bad when your sick. So I drink tea instead. I make my own tea. I'll cut up some ginger and add some cloves. Or I'll make a green tea (caffeine free). I won't kid you, I miss drinking coffee. I do feel the dehydration when I drink coffee so I know its not good for me. I have a hard time balancing my potassium and sodium. I have Addison's disease (adrenal gland exhaustion) which causes chronic fatigue.
  7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

but I restrict myself to two cups and sometimes a decaf in afternoon.

I have given SO much up because of this illness and dont want to stop drinking coffee.

Thats great that you make teas from so many things.

love
    Rosie
  8. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

I have to say "THANK YOU" for posting this question! I never would have thought to ask, and it's a GOOD THING I decided to read this!

Stormy - I had NO IDEA that caffeine killed probiotics! I drink coffee and Pepsi all day every day, and often take all my supplements, meds, and ACIDOPHILUS with coffee or Pepsi! I almost never drink water. I guess I know now to stop that habit! I will start taking my "drugs" with water and keep Acidophilus 2 hours away from caffeine. I bet the Acid. will start working better now!

Geez........ How I WISH I'd known this WAY BACK when I first started taking Acidophilus!

This is a little aggravating, the more I think about it..... all the benefits I could have been enjoying, WASTED just because I didn't know about that "side effect" of caffeine...... gggrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Thanks again, Rosie and Stormy!

Hugs!
    Starr

[ advertisement ]